Truly Exciting!!

Ancelot

Seeing is believing.. if you think yours are a merletti then post it up here..

i would like to think mine is a merletti amongst the tons of wellsi i have.

in fact, i thought it was so cheap and invaluable that after fraggin some pieces for my friends, i chucked it to the very very corner of my sump , to the point some of the polyps receded from lack of light.

after this thread, i promptly accorded it the VIC (very important coral) treatment and upgraded it to main tank status... :lol:

so please tell me if i am right to say that mine is a merletti ;)

picture taken just after i move it up to the main tank...will try to take again with them in full bloom :)

post-34-1099962572.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

many other bros have it lah...

just that most of us neglected it......thanks to your thread that reminded us how precious this merletti is :)

deepblue has some nice ones too

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=24832&hl=

in fact, probably the chap that bought your merletti can approach me if he likes to collect merlettis....i wouldn't object to having a few more crisp big blue notes in my wallet ;)

more bullets to go LFS hunting :D

• SRC Member
in fact, i thought it was so cheap and invaluable that after fraggin some pieces for my friends, i chucked it to the very very corner of my sump , to the point some of the polyps receded from lack of light.

I also have same experience. Tot it is not so rare (in fact common) and just left it to survive on it own when I started SPS. Now, its history liao. :cry2:

What type was mine? Anyone can confirm?

post-70-1099965879.jpg

I also have same experience. Tot it is not so rare (in fact common) and just left it to survive on it own when I started SPS. Now, its history liao. :cry2:

jc, u hv urself a wellsi there. :)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Wah!!! Not bad...moved to a new sub-forum to grace the opening... :yeah:

Why did I sold my merletti off for nothing back then to concentrate on the wellisi rocks? :( Now it's a jewel in someone else's tank. :( Should have parted for a few blue notes instead of a couple of green notes... :(

*Poof*...learning the ninja stance from Roidan... :fear::ph34r:

Tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics...tank pics... *fading away*...

• SRC Member

Actually if you look at the US site - some of the wellsi cost more than the merletti ....

I definitely vounch they are not rare at all. i spoke to a LFS - according to him it is harvested at greater depth - that's about it.

In fact some of the merletti looks much more impressive than the Wellsi.

A few theoretical questions:

You sold off the 'rare gem' because......

1. You really really liked your friend and was willing to sell it at a loss, not a profit.

2. There are much better gems in your tank than the one you let go, hence no qualms about selling it.

You can't reveal where or how much you bought it for because.....

1. You bought it at a very high price & hence the resale value should be even higher.

2. The LFS reluctantly sold you this 'gem' on the basis that you will not say how much they sold it to you for or reveal the collection area as they do not have enough supply of the 'rare' Blastomussa Merleti and u will honour this pact.

I am just personally very curious about your perception of this coral in terms of its rarity, attractiveness and value and how you came about with your perceptions.

The fact that someone else could share similar perceptions is secondary.

Hope you can at least answer the above queries as I can't help but be drawn to this episode of the coral that you are advertising as 'exciting, never-seen-before, highly valuable and impressive'.

• SRC Member

Indeed.. This hype has deeply intrigued me.. eager to know abt the details. which LFS wouldn't want publicity? even if they dun have a steady supply of such gems.. don't really see why LFSes would want customers to not talk abt them.. maybe Black market dealer? :evil: jkjk

thought-provoking issue, ur coral sales... ur pics also invoked a combination of jealousy(yes I admit I'm jealous) and a deep longing within me.. after revelation of price I felt greatly disheartened as well.. haha can't afford your stunning brain coral.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

A bad analogy but it is true to some extent...

This is like a scenario of someone standing at the window ledge of a high level attempting to jump off...

Evolve hysteria, disbelief, doubts and panic...

Finally, everybody realise that it is a false alarm...and everybody say....CHEI... <_<

Okay...people...time to disperse...the show's over. :P

Just an analogy. B)

okay....Xiao Ming...Xiao Ming...where are you? Where are the sheep? :unsure:

A pact is a pact and as DeepBlue has said.. story is over time to move on.. <_<

So as Deepblue said, the SHOW is over? :rolleyes:

You would be disappointing everyone with a no-show... this thread is one of the hottest threads in SRC recently! ;)

Perhaps we can interview your friend now? What's his nick in SRC? :yeah:

• SRC Member

So as Deepblue said, the SHOW is over? :rolleyes:

You would be disappointing everyone with a no-show... this thread is one of the hottest threads in SRC recently! ;)

Perhaps we can interview your friend now? What's his nick in SRC? :yeah:

From the sales thread, CMY seems to be the man. :whistle

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=24528&st=105