Nudis attacking my buttons

ozy

• SRC Member

Today I was looking at my tank and was noticing that my buttons are not opening as much. Upon closer examination, I found that there is an infestation of button eating nudis.

Please advise on how to deal with them. I have already tried removing them, but there are quite a lot of them.

• SRC Member

u can try tweezing them one by one, only to realise that you could never get them all... juz dunk ur whole rock with buttons in tap water for a few mins... that will kill those pests(maybe a bad advice but that's what i do)

• SRC Member

flush the zoo with a jet of FW...then dip it into FW for about 1-2mins...your zoos should survive...

i did tat and there's no adverse effect on the zoo..do this as often as u spot any new nudis...

if u have lotsa zoos in your tank, do it all at the same time...so tat the all the adult nudis will be cleared at one shot...and pray that they've not lay any eggs..

• SRC Member

Did the FW dipped just now. Was so surprised that there are actually so many of them in my hand size colony. There were at least 30, and I am not exaggerating. Some so big I am surprised I missed them. :sick::shock:

• SRC Member

bro, this nudis only attack zoos right? i think my zoos suffered from this fate and was unrecoverable. now that i have removed the buttons would any remain to attack my other LPS? :sick:

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.