Need some help here

djviper

• SRC Member

Hey guys

Cuz i am getting a new tank which is coming on friday i would like to ask what equipment is best for the size of the tank

Tank - 6ft x 2ft x 2.5ft + overflow sys + sump 4ft 5compartment

Equipment like Skimmer , Pump for return , Lightings , or any thing suitable

me kinda new to marine tanks so hope i can get some help here cuz i am

intending to invest in it. Thank you for your kind understanding ;)

• SRC Member

WAH!

such a BIG tank

living in private estate?

do u wanna go budget or invest?

if budget i recommend macro as350 skimmer...oceanfree or weipro for return pump, 3x250W mh lights

if u wanna invest u can go for h&s skimmer, ocean runner...lights the same....no change

anithing else u can pm me

• SRC Member

Depends on what you want to keep in the tank - and what system and method your would like for your filtration system. Some people who advocate a very "natural" system have minimal equipments and the reefs still works.

Agree with shoelevy that if you want to invest get something real good that will last you a long time. There is beckett skimmer, there is bubbleking skimmer, there is H&S skimmer (everyone is looking and saying beckett & bubbleking are huge - H&S also do have their bigger brothers if you want big skimmers). Pumps are aplenty in the market - but i personally advocate getting one that is good and economical same for other equiments like chiller and all.

Happy shopping.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

ya living in private estate. The fish tank maker was relief when he heard that lol.

Hmm 3 MH pub bills gonna shoot up

i was thinking of 2 mh 250w and 4 fl

other equipments - thanks for the guide guys i will start shopping hee

oh ya 1 more thing what type of chiller is suitable for the tank volume 0.5hp? 1hp?

well i more concern about the electricity consumption more than the cost of equipment. ( thinking of long term ) ;)

• SRC Member

2x250 i think not enough for more light demanding corals

chiller ah...i can't help u with that...only info i can tell u is my cl650 is chilling 500L worth of water and it seems like nothing to it...its a 0.25horsep

u wan think of elec u shouldn't haf gotten such a big tank la!

haha

6footer i think billss will be very very very high

no joke...my 5foot will up bills by 60

• 1 month later...