New on Mushroom

cheese

Hi Masters,

Just bought this from Sea life. They pick for me. Small little piece. But don't know got kanna cheated or not, because also don't know how to check if they r healthy, good figure, happy or not.

BTW, what mushroom r these?

Please teach me lah. Thank you!

post-71-1101641502.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

tink they r Actinodiscus sp.

reference:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=661

btw, they definitely look healthy to me ;)

Thanks for website n info.

BTW, it mentioned "They are semi-aggressive and require adequate space between themselves and other corals". Seems that they r rather clamp on that rock, aren't they? So, would they move over to other rocks?

Cheers!

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

• SRC Member

You will need to place these mushies under low to moderaTE flow area. They grow very fast.

Under strong lightings, the color will enhance slightly further. They look healthy to me. Just take a look at their 'mouths' in the centre of each mushroom. When stressed, the will 'open' their mouth. 'Spitting' of brown substances will NormallY mean the mushie a goner.

• SRC Member

I have a rock of cheap brown mushroom that have been with me for almost 2 years, started to melt early last week and was all gone after I come back from my oversea holiday. rest of the coral more or less ok.

Wonder what will cause mushroom to stress up and melt away...... This rock of mushroom has been hardy and gone through all the "hardship" while I learn to improve my tank. Just don't understand why they died when I thought my tank has more or less "mature". :blink: