Check out this rainbow monti!!

• SRC Member
Anyone of u know there's any place worthy to go in Washington DC? :off:

:off: Bro...most of the good lfs are in the florida area.....the rest most likely gets supply fr them....there are a few in DC area but the prices cannot compare to online orders......if you are staying there...u can order online and get them to sent it to the place u stay..... :fear:

if u are talking abt places of interest....it would be the museum, memorials in DC.....get adventurous and u may want to drive up to New York, Atlantic City,Buffalo, Niagara Falls.... :off:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:lol: ..Amy.....thanks....u r one also lar.......personally in US now and doing lfs hopping.... B) ...let me know got good stuffs also k.... ;)

heheh...no lah... :paiseh:

lfsing? ...went to some in AZ but not happening lei... :(

Still waiting for permission to start reefing here lei... :angel:

Will need heaters here if I start a tank... :lol::lol:

anyway, trips to San Fran and Florida lfs are confirmed in the first quarter and early of second quarter liao... :yeah:

Btw...any idea Alaska worth seeing? Or just salmon? :P

Keep in contact...but I may take long to reply...too much to do with too little time...and the mega online shopping that is available here :yeah:

And the last sentence also goes to all the bros who have been wishing me well via pms off late. Will take time to reply as much as I can. Thanks for the well-wishing too. :kiss::peace:

• SRC Member
Bro, you have the rainbow monti all along? <_<  Wah what secrets do you still have in your reef?? ;)

Yup, and I only recently noticed the multi-coloured polyps.:P It used to be either all green or all orange, depending on lighting conditions - but never both at the same time. Base is always purple.

After I first saw the rainbow monti on Reef Central, I suspected than the monti danae in my tank could be it as well. A bleaching episode 6 months ago didn't allow me to confirm the potential then and only recently have the colours returned... and it sure looks like it! :)

• SRC Member
Look what I found, and I've had this specimen all along... for over 2 years! Could this be it? :huh:

Sure looks a lot like it! :yeah:

:yeah: ..Wow Dan...yr tank is full of gems, is this a slow grower since you've got it a while back? i really hope mine could grow faster so I can share more of this gem with local reefers...... :lol:

• SRC Member

:yeah: ..Wow Dan...yr tank is full of gems, is this a slow grower since you've got it a while back? i really hope mine could grow faster so I can share more of this gem with local reefers...... :lol:

Well, when I first started keeping sps 2 years ago and got this specimen, I had no idea that it would turn out to be the one reefers at RC refer to as the rainbow monti.

It has survived 2 tank transfers, although I did lose more than half of it after a bleaching episode. Other than that, I believe it to be fairly hardy. Growth rate appears moderate.

• SRC Member

I was hoping mine could spread to cover the tank back wall, looks like it's gonna take a while.... <_<

The piece i am having currently have green polyp in the center area and orange at the edge, u mentioned that at times, the whole piece can turn orange polyp, do you remember under what conditions? - i really hope mine can stay the way it is now.... ;) (i prefer it this way... :lol: )

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Check out this thread in reefcentral on the rainbow monti.....i hope the piece i got will turn out to be like the mother colony....so far still cannot grasp the correct lighting and flow conditions for the 3 colours to really stand out like this mother colony...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=558145