1Ft Cube Tank

I'm asking on behalf of my friend as he have a 1ft cube tank in office. The tank was cycled for 1 month+ But over the weekend, seems like no fish can survive. JUST over the weekend. we only have 2 clowns inside. they can live happily like from mon-fri. but the next week we come back, they just died or are dying. this is a FOWLR setup. any advice other dan water change n testing? all have been done... :cry:

• SRC Member

eh.. ur tank stylo leh.. so many inverts ah? sure anot? i had a 1 foot tank last time, and my maroon is with me till now.. the most is 3fish there nia... ur tank crowded wor.. got LR anot?

• SRC Member
crowded? inverts only.. we intend to keep a pair of clown fishes. but keep dying. got some LR with 2 inch sandbed.. still got a tube worm inside

haiz, really need help on this weekend fish die off fish tank. :yeah:

okie.. u noe how much is ur LR? as in KG? a few small one is not enuf wor.. the last time i got my 1 footer, i got 4kg of LR in there.. inverts are not easy to die unless ur water is real toxic.. if u said if ur inverts are in there.. maybe is due to other shock le.. :blink: if tio shock.. normally is 2-3days it will say bye bye de..

• SRC Member

i can understand how heat is generated in the tank, i used to feel my tank heated up in the day oso.. well.. u can always check ur temp like wat they mention, and since u had tested ur water and all is fine.. then all the best for ur new LS ;) acclimate ur fishes b4 intro to new tank lor.. i currently had 2clown and damsel in my 1footer.. and itz only running on air pump.. :lol:

• SRC Member

Does your friend feed the fish well? I used to keep a reef tank in the office and when I came back Monday, the fish are so hungry that they topple the corals in search of food..... then I used a auto feeding timer and the situation gets better. Also, make sure your friend had a air pump if the surrounding are warm 'cos warm water has less dissolved oxygen.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

air pump in a marine fish tank?

we feed only frozen brine shrimp. can use for auto feeder?

There is nothing wrong with pumping air into a marine tank. The reasons most reefers has stopped doing so is that:

1) Our skimmer is already doing it

2) Some corals cannot tolerate bursting of bubbles - will cause recceding tissues

3) Some owners cannot tolerate burtsing of bubbles - will cause salt spray on hood and lights.

You may slowly acclimatised the fishes into dry pellets so that you can use Auto-feeder. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

I'm asking on behalf of my friend as he have a 1ft cube tank in office. The tank was cycled for 1 month+ But over the weekend, seems like no fish can survive. JUST over the weekend. we only have 2 clowns inside. they can live happily like from mon-fri. but the next week we come back, they just died or are dying. this is a FOWLR setup. any advice other dan water change n testing? all have been done... :cry:

I think the cause of your problem could be the drastic change of temperature. I believe your work place in Air-con right, so when you guys goes home for the weekend and the Air-con is off the temperature will slowly creep up to the point that your fishes will all up the car.

I have tried keeping fishes w/o chiller in my last office and have to purposely leave the air-con on over the weekend in order to maintain temperature.

Now cannot in the new office cuz it is centralized. :(

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381