1Ft Cube Tank

I'm asking on behalf of my friend as he have a 1ft cube tank in office. The tank was cycled for 1 month+ But over the weekend, seems like no fish can survive. JUST over the weekend. we only have 2 clowns inside. they can live happily like from mon-fri. but the next week we come back, they just died or are dying. this is a FOWLR setup. any advice other dan water change n testing? all have been done... :cry:

eh.. ur tank stylo leh.. so many inverts ah? sure anot? i had a 1 foot tank last time, and my maroon is with me till now.. the most is 3fish there nia... ur tank crowded wor.. got LR anot?

crowded? inverts only.. we intend to keep a pair of clown fishes. but keep dying. got some LR with 2 inch sandbed.. still got a tube worm inside

haiz, really need help on this weekend fish die off fish tank. :yeah:

okie.. u noe how much is ur LR? as in KG? a few small one is not enuf wor.. the last time i got my 1 footer, i got 4kg of LR in there.. inverts are not easy to die unless ur water is real toxic.. if u said if ur inverts are in there.. maybe is due to other shock le.. :blink: if tio shock.. normally is 2-3days it will say bye bye de..

i can understand how heat is generated in the tank, i used to feel my tank heated up in the day oso.. well.. u can always check ur temp like wat they mention, and since u had tested ur water and all is fine.. then all the best for ur new LS ;) acclimate ur fishes b4 intro to new tank lor.. i currently had 2clown and damsel in my 1footer.. and itz only running on air pump.. :lol:

Does your friend feed the fish well? I used to keep a reef tank in the office and when I came back Monday, the fish are so hungry that they topple the corals in search of food..... then I used a auto feeding timer and the situation gets better. Also, make sure your friend had a air pump if the surrounding are warm 'cos warm water has less dissolved oxygen.

air pump in a marine fish tank?

we feed only frozen brine shrimp. can use for auto feeder?

There is nothing wrong with pumping air into a marine tank. The reasons most reefers has stopped doing so is that:

1) Our skimmer is already doing it

2) Some corals cannot tolerate bursting of bubbles - will cause recceding tissues

3) Some owners cannot tolerate burtsing of bubbles - will cause salt spray on hood and lights.

You may slowly acclimatised the fishes into dry pellets so that you can use Auto-feeder. ;)

I'm asking on behalf of my friend as he have a 1ft cube tank in office. The tank was cycled for 1 month+ But over the weekend, seems like no fish can survive. JUST over the weekend. we only have 2 clowns inside. they can live happily like from mon-fri. but the next week we come back, they just died or are dying. this is a FOWLR setup. any advice other dan water change n testing? all have been done... :cry:

I think the cause of your problem could be the drastic change of temperature. I believe your work place in Air-con right, so when you guys goes home for the weekend and the Air-con is off the temperature will slowly creep up to the point that your fishes will all up the car.

I have tried keeping fishes w/o chiller in my last office and have to purposely leave the air-con on over the weekend in order to maintain temperature.

Now cannot in the new office cuz it is centralized. :(