Temperature Fluctuations

harlow pple...got a Q to ask..

see....in the afternoon/evening...the temp of the water range frm 27-30 (see weather)...then at nite i on air-con go slp...next dae wake up see the temp...drop to 19-21 deg. ...

my Q is...will this temp difference kills the clownfish n the corals inside?

if it does..any possible suggestions? i only tot of dun on air-con go koon only...

thanx alot.. :P

• SRC Member

:D IMO the Corals should be in the temp around 22 - 27 deg... , the fishes can be around 25- 30 deg..... , but the problem U tank temp. day & night have a great diff. That not too health to the Corals & fishes...... :D:D:D

U Corals & fishes were sick ..... & .......... gone........ :snore:

see....in the afternoon/evening...the temp of the water range frm 27-30 (see weather)...then at nite i on air-con go slp...next dae wake up see the temp...drop to 19-21 deg. ...

if it does..any possible suggestions? i only tot of dun on air-con go koon only...

Your temp changes sounds drastic.

Think about setting a higher temp for your air-con at night. Like about 24-25 degrees. At least the temp in your tank will not go down too low.

• SRC Member

wa :blink: ... 19~30 degree.. too much fluctuation...will stress the LS

• SRC Member

11 degree fluctuation is not stressful . its deadly. how come ur fish still alive?? my room aircon 20 . at night my tank 27 28. ur tank is just under 19-20 is almost impossible man.. unless your tank is sitting right below the aircon. last time my frehswater tank got sheets of ice floating inside directly under the aircon

thanx pple ah...i tot of one idea la...

i oredi increase my air con temp to 24...then todae morning temp is ard 25...then me go fridge take a bottle of ice, which i freeze the nite before...

then i put the bottle in n let the temp slowly increase lor..

.this idea okie anot?

<_<:erm:

Hello?

Do you know the temperature of ice??

If you put the bottle of ice in, it will bring down the temperature of your tank. Doesn't help.

Since temperature is around 25, that's fine already. Let it increase slowly.