WTB: Copepods

junyong84

• SRC Member
If you already have LR then get phytoplankton to cultivate them. Uncured LR is the best to start with

my liverocks are probably cured. transferred em over from an old tank, with no sump.

Probably all being eaten up liao. So need some copepods to kick off the process!

• SRC Member
LRs may be expensive. Just buy one rock of macroalgae (probably a few dollars) and dump it in your sump. Make sure there are no fishes in your sump to threaten the pods. Within a couple of weeks, you should have plenty of pods.

good one!!

smart idea!!

that's how i buy my LRs last time also...mushrooms selling for $5 on BIG BIG piece of LR...grab ah!!

• SRC Member
LRs may be expensive. Just buy one rock of macroalgae (probably a few dollars) and dump it in your sump. Make sure there are no fishes in your sump to threaten the pods. Within a couple of weeks, you should have plenty of pods.

yup... that shld be the way ;)

get those big ones from CF :)

• SRC Member
try using a torch after lights off, u may be surprise.... ;)

Sorry for silly question, but how do they look like ? :paiseh: Curious but seriously.

These last few days of 2004 very free so may want to check if my tank has them with touchlight one of these nites.

• SRC Member
Bro junyong84, sorry for disturbing your thread. :paiseh: My mistaken for the thread on same topic in another segment of this forum.

Thanks bro riot, found an article in the other section of this forum. Will do copepods hunting tonite.

Lost of copepods at the beach during low tide in the small pool of water that the rocks trapped. It's FREE.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

good one!!

smart idea!!

that's how i buy my LRs last time also...mushrooms selling for $5 on BIG BIG piece of LR...grab ah!!

heehee ... I also same same :paiseh: ... I buy large algae rocks and rip out all the algae ...

... become cheap LRs ... :lol::lol::lol:

And the best part, greatly reduced cycling time. ;)