fishes blow bubbles??

root

• SRC Member

anyone has fishes tt goes to the surface of the water to blow bubbles?

my foxface is starting to act weird.. :erm:

is that normal or something is wrong?

hmm it always go near the surface where I feed it and blows ... hungry?? :unsure:

• SRC Member

:P oh... most likely its low oxygen level... tangs r not know to surface when there is a lack of oxygen.. they just :pinch: inside ur tank... @ the bottom of ur seabed...

dun worry!! nemo r hardy animals...i bet even if all ur fishes died they wont...

• SRC Member

i know boxfishes can be really playful. i used to keep one in my nano tank and everytime i get close to it, it would follow the direction of my face (i.e. if i look left the boxfish would LOOK left). i think its really cool.

• SRC Member
:P oh... most likely its low oxygen level... tangs r not know to surface when there is a lack of oxygen.. they just :pinch: inside ur tank... @ the bottom of ur seabed...

dun worry!! nemo r hardy animals...i bet even if all ur fishes died they wont...

yeap...agreed, my first newbie mistake was not realising my tank had a problem with oxygen level as my tangs does not seems to go to the surface to breath altought my clown was acting weird by staying near the surface.....thought nothing much of it until next morning.....then all thing died..... :(

anyway, try putting in a airstone or put a small powerhead near the surface of the water to increase oxygen flow, see if it has a effect...if you have a hood that covers your tank completely try leaving it open to allow more airflow.....i hope i'm wrong, but if you have a O2 problem, you don;t have much time left, better act fast!

• SRC Member

my old cowfish from the 3 footer used to be like dat too.

when its feeding time, and it sees me walking to the tank with food, its starts aiming the water at me.

cute little fella, can hand feed him, and also can pet and touch him.

but too bad, kena murdered by the stupid anemone.

:(

• SRC Member

huh u all making me worry now..

they were all okay before..

i'm using a 2.5x1.5x1.5 tank..

I use a sicce extrema for my return and a rio as well as a seio for aeration..

not enuff?!? hmm ;)

I realise they acting like this AFTER i got my lightings.. is the heat affecting anything?.. but thing is.. my temp is still the same as before. no significant changes... im running on 2 fans. ;)

oh 1 more thing... they always seem to do tt bubbles thing near the spot where I always feed.. :o:o

• SRC Member

yup..they rush for it like crazy.. clean shrimp from sand starts to try swim vertically also. I feed twice per day. a little in the morning and in the evening when i get back from work. I try to cut down in the morning feeds cos I want to see if it will reduce my nitrates further.

only my boxfish dont eat.. always shun from the food.. but its still happily alive.