water change

• SRC Member

My NO3 is high. I did about 70% of water changed. Is it ok?

I also put in de-nitrate, lessen feeding to twice a day for my 7 fishes, change my filter wool, upgrade my skimmer to Micro AS-300p for my 3feet tank. Will these help?

Thank you. :)

• SRC Member

How high is high.

Believe you are using reliable test kit.

what are the LS ?

Sump ?

Need these info to assist you.

Bigger skimmer better. If you could overdrive skimmer better.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

LS means Live Stock ie your corals, fish etc. You can find a list of acronyms and what they mean in the forum too! I was blur blur until I read it!

There is a lot of discussion on water change in SRC. You can try doing a search on it here.

IMO,Having a good skimmer, lessen feeding and water change will help.

As for test kits, make sure that the instructions for doing the tests were followed closely, like shake the mixture after mixing etc. I use Tetra test kit for nitrate as well. Looks OK for me so far.

• SRC Member
My NO3 is high. I did about 70% of water changed. Is it ok?

I also put in de-nitrate, lessen feeding to twice a day for my 7 fishes, change my filter wool, upgrade my skimmer to Micro AS-300p for my 3feet tank. Will these help?

Thank you. :)

its not the number of time you feed your fishes.....its the amount of food you give them.....feed slowly and observe the amount of food that your fish doesn't pick up....adjust your amount such that no food is wasted..

it might also help if you have bottom feeder.....

for filter wool, you do need to clean them quite often, i used to do it twice a week (but now i don't put in filter wool already.... :P )

another thing that people miss out is circulation.....make sure you have sufficient circulation so that dirt doesn't settle down to your sandbed easily....

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the kind advice. For LS, I have Royal gamma, Yellow Tank, Blue Tank, Maroon Clown, Percular Clown, Flame Angel, DR Fish, 2 Star Fish, Sea Cucumber, 2 crabs, Sea Urchin, 2 Turbo snails and cleaner shrimp. Did I overstock?

I also have a good collection of both soft and hard corals. They are doing well.

My Marine Tank is about 9 months with good circulation. :peace::thanks: