Anemone positioning

FelixSu

• SRC Member

my anemone has ran to the back of the tank and refuses to come out. everytime i painstakingly remove him and place him somewhere with good water flow and light, he still runs.

is there any method to make him stick on for dear life, and not run anymore?

Cheerios.

• SRC Member

Anemones...bloody moving corals if you ask me, that's why I refuse to buy one for my current tank.

If it's moving from a place, it means its not comfortable there. Anemones are like human, each with individual characteristics, some like tank walls some like darker places. As for "stick for dear life", no humane solution are available (leave you to your own imagination). :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

You can try arrange your rock work in such a way that there is a hole for your Anemones base to stick in. Once it stick into the hole of your rock work, than dont disturb it anymore, hopefully it will stay.

I use this way to position all my anemones and it did work for me.

• SRC Member

:D soorie to hijack abit on ur thread....

My newly bought anemone 3days again oso runs abt e LR n suddenly yest,it seems to act abnormally.It kep on showing his white color centre part n its becoming small n sedlom wan to open up...

Any idea wat is wrong with it??Is it dieing????or is it still getting use to e enviromt??Or too stress out???My tank have being running for 3wks onli....

Tks for e advise.... :thanks:

• SRC Member

Anemone can be a pain in the butt. I had one ordinary brown anemone growing from palm size to about 1.5ft wide. It went roam around the whole tank and at times cover up my bubble and hammer. As a result, I lost one bubble because it was covering it for 1 whole day, and it tupple my brain and coz it to be burried under the sand and almost died.

I had to remove the anemone and I'm now setting up another species tank just to keep anemone and clown fish. :)

• SRC Member
:D soorie to hijack abit on ur thread....

My newly bought anemone 3days again oso runs abt e LR n suddenly yest,it seems to act abnormally.It kep on showing his white color centre part n its becoming small n sedlom wan to open up...

Any idea wat is wrong with it??Is it dieing????or is it still getting use to e enviromt??Or too stress out???My tank have being running for 3wks onli....

Tks for e advise.... :thanks:

Dude, your tank running for 3 weeks only hah? Unless you are using premium live sand and rocks, you should let it run for around 6 weeks till the ANN cycle is complete. How's your water parameters? <_<

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

Dude, your tank running for 3 weeks only hah? Unless you are using premium live sand and rocks, you should let it run for around 6 weeks till the ANN cycle is complete. How's your water parameters? <_<

My LR is those mature liao type use for 1yr plus liao...

NH4:0ppm

NO2:0ppm

NO3:10ppm

Ph:8.2

My 2 clown,1 goby,2 cleaner prawn n 1 hermit crab all doing well for abt 1wk liao.... :D

• SRC Member

My LR is those mature liao type use for 1yr plus liao...

NH4:0ppm

NO2:0ppm

NO3:10ppm

Ph:8.2

My 2 clown,1 goby,2 cleaner prawn n 1 hermit crab all doing well for abt 1wk liao.... :D

Sorie Felixsu,hijacked ur thread...

Guys,I have open up another new topic for my problem liao...

Pls reply to me in tat thread...

tks :thanks:

Sorie sorie for all e trouble everyone..... :bow:

• SRC Member

Anemone will only stop moving IF HE IS HAPPY on his position. It is very difficult for the anemone to stay in your preferred position..... However, u can guide him to your preferred position

1) slowly by trial and error ie shifting things around the tank, to the preferred place.

2) sometimes anemone just seems to favour one particular live rock and refuse to move. Then it is simply putting the rock at the preferred postion.

3) feed him daily with food on the new location after the moving.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
like wat a reefer here use to do,

cut those coke bottles and squeeze the anemone's legs thru them, then secure it to the spot you want....

dun ask me, i never try b4,

i hate anemones! :angry:

can explain how to do that?

thinking of getting anemone

do you cover the anemone with the coke bottle? and leave the tenticales outside the bottle neck?

• SRC Member

U guys are cruel to do that...... Pls don't. I have two anemones in my tank for many months and they don't really move much. U just need some patience to position them. I don't know about others.... it took me weeks to position the two anemone. When my anemone move, I shift corals, rocks to suit my tasting and slowly both get to anchor.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm