planetg

• SRC Member

Lobang for THE Mp3 Player!

More info at Apple Store

iPOD 20G $508 (UP:$548)

iPOD 40G $692 (UP:$748)

IPOD MINI 4GB $424 (UP:$548) GREEN, PINK, BLUE, GOLD, SILVER

All comes with 1 yr international warranty

Need a minimum of 10 pieces. Get one for yourself and your bf/gf/hubby/wife/car!!!

I myself lun damn long also. All those accessories websites also poison!

Place your orders here (nick / model / qty)

-----------------------------

1) planetg / 40GB / 1

• SRC Member

Bro, I think wrong forum? Anyway, I think 10 pcs very difficult to get a mass order. Not cheap, at least must fork out $400+ for a gadget. Some more now after Christmas and CNY coming soon. A lot of people will be saving up as they spent too much. I think after CNY will be a better time. Haha. More ang pao money for those late teens and young adults. Good luck to your sales bro.

Why not consider a iRiver player? Sound quality much better than iPod.

Just my 2 cents.

• SRC Member

It it a good buy, imagine it's cost to cost selling and no profit.

Too bad I had my ipod 20gb few mths back.

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

Bros, if you go hardwarezone.com, you'll see that the majority of them complimenting the sound quality of iRiver, not iPod. To test whether a sound quality of a MP3 player is good, just simply play a song and blast the volume of the sound as high as possible. I did mine at 80% of the volume. iPod and iRiver side by side, then you will know which player beats others hands down.

Yes, in style, maybe? iRiver's design is not to be overlooked also. It's designed by a Korean designer if I'm not wrong.

So much said but what's the main purpose of having a MP3 player?

1) Wear it round your neck and show everyone you have an iPod but so-so sound quality only like Creative?

OR

2) Have a iRiver MP3 player with powerful sound and a design that is also nice.

It's your choice dude. ;)

For more informatiom, go http://www.iriver.com & http://forums.hardwarezone.com.

dude. if you want good sound quality, you shouldn't even be listening to MP3s in the first place. a true blue audiophile will tell you to bug off if you tell him that his masterpiece orchestral arranged soundtrack sounded good on an iPod/any other MP3 device. iRiver/Zen/what other funky names, not even the iPod can recreate the audio environments that a true blue audiophile seeks.

you shouldn't even be listening to CDs! try vinyl instead. it'll be quite cool to see you carry a vinyl player. (=

not to mention the plethora of third party accessories available for the iPod. what does the iRiver have that the iPod cannot offer? it's always a situational compromise when it comes to such players. you either have aesthetics and pathetic SQ, or SQ that causes huge stimulations to audiophiles and aesthetic designs from the 1920s? Apple has managed to achieve a fine balance on both aesthetics and SQ, although I must say it's design leans heavily in favour to the aesthetic side of the story.

by the way, I don't think testing out Sound Quality is done via blasting a song at high volume. if that is the case, am I right to assume that all the ah beng vans with huge sound boxes have good sound quality? since all the music they play sound better loud than when played softly. and nobody in his sane mind would play anything that requires you to be plugged into the ear at maximum volume, or anywhere near it.

and PS. Apple actually has a specific lab that does research and development and designs for the iPod. if you ask me, that beats the pants down any Korean designer.

not shooting you down. just a very passionate defence from a person who has tried out players before settling down with the iPod. and not regretting a single minute of it. (=

anyway, when will the mass order be carried out? as in, when will we get the stuff? I'm interested in getting an iPod mini for a friend...and if saving up to $50 means waiting for three months, I'd rather go spend the $50. :P eh but wait for a while, coz there is a major Apple Convention somewhere over in the US, and experts have predicted that Apple may slash prices due to the imminent introduction of higher capcity models.

and PS. Apple actually has a specific lab that does research and development and designs for the iPod. if you ask me, that beats the pants down any Korean designer.

dun think so... ipod is actually done by a company called 'PortalPlayer', check out the article here. apple & steve jobs mainly worked on the aesthetics...

btw... check out this very cool product coming soon from olympus (yes, the camera maker is making mp3 player)... m:robe

opps... :off:

• SRC Member
by the way, I don't think testing out Sound Quality is done via blasting a song at high volume. if that is the case, am I right to assume that all the ah beng vans with huge sound boxes have good sound quality? since all the music they play sound better loud than when played softly. and nobody in his sane mind would play anything that requires you to be plugged into the ear at maximum volume, or anywhere near it.

Bro, no one ask you to plug it in the ear. There is always invention call SPEAKERS bro.

I did a test by using the same speakers and playing a iPod and iRiver together. Yes, always do a test before you buy. Don't listen too much to other. After reading about hardwarezone.com, I went to test these 2 players. And when I say blasting it loud, it's not blasting it like those ah beng vans.

Do a control test. :)

1) Use the same speakers

2) Use the same percentage of the volume and listen with your ear to make adjustments so that their volume sounds the same to you. Preferably as loud as possible, I think speakers won't hurt your ears like ear phones bro.

3) Play the same music

4) Listen

If you are able to compare, you can hear that iPods has buzzing sound when blast at high volume just like Creative, iRiver does not. Try it bro. Hearing is believing bros. :)

Not shooting you down also bro. Just a very passionate defence from a person who has tried out players before settling down with iRiver also. You've not regretted a single minute of iPod? I've since fell in love with my iRiver player since I bought it. The sound is great. ;)

• SRC Member

hi terry,

the mass order will be carried out if i can get 10 orders. now dun even have much interest! place your name down if interested and we'll see how. was hoping to get it done b4 CNY

IPOD MINI 4GB $424 (UP:$458) GREEN, PINK, BLUE, GOLD, SILVER

Need a minimum of 10 pieces. Get one for yourself and your bf/gf/hubby/wife/car!!!

1) planetg / 40GB / 1

Bro, no one ask you to plug it in the ear. There is always invention call SPEAKERS bro.

I did a test by using the same speakers and playing a iPod and iRiver together. Yes, always do a test before you buy. Don't listen too much to other. After reading about hardwarezone.com, I went to test these 2 players. And when I say blasting it loud, it's not blasting it like those ah beng vans.

Do a control test. :)

1) Use the same speakers

2) Use the same percentage of the volume and listen with your ear to make adjustments so that their volume sounds the same to you. Preferably as loud as possible, I think speakers won't hurt your ears like ear phones bro.

3) Play the same music

4) Listen

If you are able to compare, you can hear that iPods has buzzing sound when blast at high volume just like Creative, iRiver does not. Try it bro. Hearing is believing bros. :)

Not shooting you down also bro. Just a very passionate defence from a person who has tried out players before settling down with iRiver also. You've not regretted a single minute of iPod? I've since fell in love with my iRiver player since I bought it. The sound is great. ;)

why are you typing a ten page essay on how to test sound? you haven't answered me yet on the true blue audiophile and what he will think of any MP3 player.

also, what makes you so sure that the brand of speakers have the state of the art THX/ABC/XYZ processor that renders sound to true to life? ah. see. that is where the inherent flaw of your test is. ever heard of scenarios where brand A speakers sounds crap on certain players, but good on other players, and the reverse holds true for brand B speakers?

back to my initial point. you still haven't answered me about why iRiver and not iVinyl or some portable Vinyl player. or why not advocate carrying tube amps that need to be warmed up for twenty minutes prior to using it? (=

see. we can go all out to debate about speakers and audio quality. at the end of the day, being so hung up over audio quality is like trying to buy a fake rolex to be part of the rolex group. if you are really a huge fan of audio quality, and the lack of certain mid sounds will make you drown in your own drool as you hurl vulgarities at the player, don't even bother with MP3s in the first place!

and yes. I tried the iRiver, the Zens and the iPods. and plain old me will settle for the iPod anyday. aesthetics beats the pants down anything, and yes, it matters for many of us that we are carrying something that looks good. the sound thing will always be the mitigating factor. why not you include battery life? or sheer size of it? or the cost of it? why just pick on the not-so-quintessential-unless-your-life-depended-on-it quality of sound? (=

I rest my case. (=

PS: as loud as possible? how can as loud as possible not be blasting it to the max, like ah beng vans? that statement is rather oxymoronic, don't you think? as for the buzzing sound, I hear that in cinemas that have digital sound as well. does that mean that their sound system is crap/screwed up/CMI? I don't think so. (=

hi terry,

the mass order will be carried out if i can get 10 orders. now dun even have much interest! place your name down if interested and we'll see how. was hoping to get it done b4 CNY

IPOD MINI 4GB $424 (UP:$458) GREEN, PINK, BLUE, GOLD, SILVER

1) planetg / 40GB / 1

wah if I wait for this lobang hor, my neck grow as long as giraffe liao. :(

tried advertising it on MUGS website?