D.I.Y. Additive

sunny03

• SRC Member

Huiwen, still need to monitor Mg and boost it up once in a while. What some of us are doing is to put dolomite or Grotech MG pro in the CR to help with the MG maintenance. about 10% of the total media in the cr should be the MG supplement.

Trace elements are basically fulfilled if u r using those natural type of CR media like ARM. :)

Thanks bro, good morning to you :D

may i know where can i get those "whatnots" to put in the CR that you have suggested :D

btw, can you spare me some of the funnel weeds that you have in your tank that you consider a pest ? would really like to have one if you don't mind :D

Thanks,

• SRC Member
Thanks bro, good morning to you :D

may i know where can i get those "whatnots" to put in the CR that you have suggested :D

btw, can you spare me some of the funnel weeds that you have in your tank that you consider a pest ? would really like to have one if you don't mind :D

Thanks,

U can get the Mg Pro from the Blue sign board shop :lol:

It's only 1 L, so those with larger CR would need to get more ;)

Getting relatively stable Mg level after adding abt 10% (1/2 bottle) to my CR.

No more dosing of Mg for me :P

a lengthier discussion was done earlier here :)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21474

while, using magnesium sulphate does not seem to have immediate or even short term problems, using magnesium chloride or mixture of both, definitely induces less swing in existing parameters by simple understanding of proportion.

but since most of us do not have acess to MgCl, i guess we have to make do with epsom salt for now as a cheaper option than aquarium-branded prepared magnesium supplements :)