Delivery Charges for Tanks

mystique

Hi All:

I'm concerned about delivery charges for tanks to new flats. Usually there are standard flat rates for delivery of tanks, no? But if let's say the guy has to deliver to high floors say 12-28 floors, will they charge extra because they have to take the stairs to such high levels (assuming the tank/cabinet cannot fit inside the lift)?

BTW, what size of tank is considered too big for the lift? TIA! :peace:

of coz they will charge for every non lift level considering the labour induced. as for the size of tank right to be fitted into ur lift, u can juz gauge by making a rough measurement with a measuring tape of the dimensions of ur lift. plus some allowance.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Hi All:

I'm concerned about delivery charges for tanks to new flats. Usually there are standard flat rates for delivery of tanks, no? But if let's say the guy has to deliver to high floors say 12-28 floors, will they charge extra because they have to take the stairs to such high levels (assuming the tank/cabinet cannot fit inside the lift)?

BTW, what size of tank is considered too big for the lift? TIA! :peace:

ya lah bro.... its standard that they charge extra for non-lift level.

same with movers.

• SRC Member

I do know of reefers who ordered big tanks and the contractor would bring all the necessary glass panes and assemble everything in the house itself. :)

Maybe your contractor will be able to do that if you would not want to be charged further for transportation. :)

Just my $0.02. :P

• SRC Member

Most tank maker will only do the assembly of tank at your place if the tank is over-sized and cannot used HDB lift.

To assembly at one's place, piece by piece, will cost more as the whole process could take a week. Thus, we will factor this extra labour in as extra cost.

In the end, the tank cost more....

Just my view. :lol: