Griessingeri Goby Thread;

• SRC Member

My Delta. Just released into the tank. Like the last time Charlie was added, Bravo appeared out of nowhere but this time around it did not chase Delta. Instead it mainly just checked Delta out. Maybe the lost of the tail sends mixed signal to Bravo regarding its gender??? Talking about gender, now I have 6.25% of having all griessingeries having the same ######.... hope lady luck is not frowning on me... ;)

post-54-1109831033.jpg

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

Oh my Goodness! :shock: Where you get those Peter? They are so cute. :wub:

Thanks for sharing. :thanks:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Hi friends!

Found the perfect tank mates for our griesi's:

thyssogobius.jpg

Size 1,5 -3cm, I keep 4 but not with the Griesi couple. Wanted to know fist how this for me abolutly new dart fish behaves.

Cheers

Peter

Peter,

Really tough to get these types over here....most LFS wouldn't even give the name on a price list a second glance! Saw a few in Japan and I must say they are nice.....been looking out for them but doubt I will find any here. :(

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member
Hi friends!

Hi Peter,

Main question from me is whether these dart fishes are jumpers? My tank is jumper's paradise... lol... meaning I got no cover or hood... I like to look at my tank from the top down. :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
Hi to all reefer,

I currently have 3 Griessingeri and I had intention to get 2 more. Any advice whether 5 Gressingeri is too much for a 2 x 1 x 1?

This fish is just so beautiful athought at times I don't get to see them for days. ;)

It really depends on how much cover or rather rocks you got and how high is your pod population...unless you are feeding them something. It also depends on the sizes of the griessies in your tank... If there is a big one (dominion) chances that it will constantly fight with a new big one that may at worst lead to lost of the dorsal fin...

So far I only add small sizes ones... Bravo just come out to check out Charlie's and Delta's sizes... a bit of chasing but no bites to show its dominance.

You own so many griessies never post pics for us to enjoy and share your experiences with them? :lol:

post-54-1107833267.gif

Hi, fellow reefer 35Cents

Well, I made a mistake but not taking a photo shot prior to their release into the tank. I had a hard time trying to get a clear shot at them.

Just did a status check and still failed to locate the smallest Griess. :(

Btw, decided to stick with 3 Griess, will be getting 3 Yashia instead but this fish also seem rare in this hobby.

• SRC Member
Hi, fellow reefer 35Cents

Well, I made a mistake but not taking a photo shot prior to their release into the tank. I had a hard time trying to get a clear shot at them.

Just did a status check and still failed to locate the smallest Griess. :(

Btw, decided to stick with 3 Griess, will be getting 3 Yashia instead but this fish also seem rare in this hobby.

You mean Yashia goby is rare? Not very common... but I will not term it as rare as many LFS do bring them in.

I observed that my griessies are most active a few hours before lights off. Perhaps you can try just sitting by the tank during this period. Happy reefing. :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
Just got my first Griessingeri yesterday.

I put it in my betta box, then suddenly it was gone. So I suspect it slipped through the hole into the main tank.

Now I can't find it... wonder if it still survive... sad...

What prior LS you have? In most cases, griessingeri goby are very hardy and smart creatures. If you can confirm your tank has no predatory hitchhiker or LS... it's still surviving... ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

Hi friends!

thyssogobius.jpg

Size 1,5 -3cm, I keep 4 but not with the Griesi couple. Wanted to know fist how this for me abolutly new dart fish behaves.

Cheers

Peter

Somehow, i feel that it is the Juv version of this goby...

g008a.jpg

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Main question from me is whether these dart fishes are jumpers? My tank is jumper's paradise... lol... meaning I got no cover or hood... I like to look at my tank from the top down. :)

Hi 35,

none of my tanks are covered - and I still have them :D In case of getting spooked they just dart onder rocks or corals. So far no jumping recorded. All fish who jump end up as finger food for one of our three cats ;)

Meanwhile I got the paper form Australia which confirms that the goby is T. colini

Cheers

Peter

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone. Looks like noone has been on this link in a little bit, but just wanted to say thanks for all the great information. Just got my first griessingeri goby, and I absolutely love it. when I went on the internet to find some info on it this was the best site I could find.

Had it for about 2 weeks now and its been doin great. It has taken an old half clam shell for its home, and I see it every day.

Its in my 5.5 gallon nano with one other small goby that lives with a pistol shrimp and a possum wrasse. So far all get together very well and there have been no signs of stress on any of them, especially the gressi, which is my highest concern.

This was the first one Ive ever seen in person, so natrually I had to get it. Live in South Florida. I know they seem to be more "common", but I still have never seen a yashia in person. Thinking about getting one for my 30 gallon tank.

I have actually seen my gressi eating, which I have read here is kind of rare to see. He eats a mixture of copepods "dead" and I have seen it pick off the live rock right by its favorite clam shell. Hope you all are still keeping up the info on this great fish. Im an instant griessingeri lover.

Ernest

• 3 months later...