BLV 20K MH

vincegoh

Hi, guys.

My 20K Iwasaki Aqua MH (150W) has just blown out and I need to replace it.

I am thinking of using BLV 20K (150W) MH. For the guys, who has use it before, what is your opinion of this MH? Will it be too blue? Or will it just have a slight blue tint? Or should I go for 10K instead?

Or should I get back Iwasaki instead? Actaully I wanted to get back Iwasaki but ML (where I got my whole set of MH lighting from) do not carry the brand anymore.

I hope to get some good comments fast as my tank is now just running with florescent lights.

:thanks:

If you're not keeping SPS corals, a 150w 20k bulb should suffice, even for some hard corals. You just need to extend the photoperiod a little longer.

For more light-loving creatures like clams and some hard corals, you may have to raise them up to the top so they can get all the PAR that the blue bulb can give (which is quite little considering its only 150w and a higher K bulb).

Colour-wise, IMO, BLV 20k is nice... :)

If u go 10k, you may need a lot more FL blue lights to balance the colour away from yellow.

Thanks for all your valuable comments. But seems like there is 2 schools of thought here.

BLV 20,000k - some say with a nice tint of blue versus very blue.

BLV 10,000k - some say quite good versus a yellowish

By the way, can I know where to get it? A friend of mine told me that it cost about $100 for BLV SE 20,000K.

:unsure: ... wat to get then...