Aquaz Epozy Fix™, A Great Putty for Scaping

DeepBlue

Managed to get 3 tubes of the new Aquaz Epoxy today ...(oops....spelt wrongly...Epozy)

I have used the following brands for scaping my corals in the past:

1) Selley's Knead IT

2) Tunze Epoxy

3) Deltec Purple coloured Epoxy

4) Aquamedic Epoxy

To be honest....never like any of them....some are either too smelly for me, some breaks easily when dried..some will come off easily.... and some has this powdery thing floating into my tank when touch it under water.....

so...I rather place my acros loosely or use the super glue gel to glue the smaller frags.

Well...finally thought of fixing my sps permanently to a point...so went out to get this new pdt.. the rest didnt work well enuff for me so far...no harm trying it out.

At $12...I wasnt expecting to scream about the results....

upon opening the packaging...one thing I noticed was that the putty wasnt too sticky or too dry ...it was soft and easy to mould to the shape I needed....

I was quite satisfied with the results now....

the best was when I tried to use the putty underwater..it amased me that the putty stayed intact and didnt disintergrate like some brands I have used before in the past. Could easily scape and 'epozy' my new sps to the rock works very quickly.

I am now convinced this is the scaping putty for me from now onwards.... ;)

so Aquaz....good job, excellent pdt. I need another dozen :lol:

included a couple of pics to show scaping under water...now have to wait for algae to grow over them

post-17-1106467005.jpg

Basically ...I am waiting to see how well it bonds to the LR. So I am waiting to disturb my sps in a few days time to see whether the base will give way...

so far, could be my luck or what...my deltec epoxied sps came off easily after a while

The colony coming off after a few days is quite common for me.

Now I use super glue gel to temp hold the colony then apply a bit of deltec epoxy to the edges and that works very well. When i need to move the colony, I need to use a screw driver to pry it to break the bond.

• SRC Member

i got the this epozy 2 days ago and used to secure my corals. soft and good to knead. but this morning i discovered that it didn't harden when my hammer fell off the rock after a knock when i was feeding other corals. was told that i cannot knead the epoxy in water. or else, it won't harden. is it true?

so prbly thats why. anyway it's my first time using epoxy. :)

the second pic I posted was kneaded underwater......has hardened since then...will check again today...didnt have any prob so far. :lol:

But frankly....I have yet to see aquarium epoxy that dun harden after few days..... its a new pdt... more feedback by reefers will be good

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Boss. i was told by reefer tt it cannot be stick inside the water.. and i try sticking my monti and it didnt stick well by come off immediately.. does ur happen to be like tt/? mine will..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i got myself a stick of epozy few days ago and used to secure some live rocks and some corals.

it is not so smelly, soft and good to knead. moulding it to shape i wan is easy. it does not set so easily and disintegrate underwater. ;)

only setback is that it is WHITE in colour. :angry: think many would agree with me if this product could have various colur to choose from i.e Pink, Red, Purple...

in my opinion, for those who experienced fall off after sticking to coral might be due to the factor you didn't dough the parts long enough. it is best to work with it when it just begin to harden. (correct me if i am wrong) :)

my 2 cents for the day.

vagabond's observation is pretty similar to mine after I have used 6 tubes so far...

Some good observations and some limitations to me;

1) It takes a longer time to harden, esp under water. Good thing is it allows you to mould it and get the right angle you want. Another good thing is that it doesnt disintegrate in water. The Bad thing is if you dun have a support for your corals in the water....or you dun hold it until it hardens.... it will not bond very well.

So I either do it outside water or I try to let a small rock to support the structure while waiting for it to harden. Taking time to see what is the best way to scape with whatever medium you have will save you lots of time, money and frustrations.

2) colours...agreed...its white, so it takes a while before algae grows on it and cover over the white part. purple like deltec will be nicer (suggestion).

3) Price....? for aquarium used epoxy....quite good price.

Selley's 'Knead it' is cheaper and I have used it in my tank before.....I stopped using 'Knead it' as I didnt like the smell and there wasnt any spec that indicates it is for aquarium scaping purposes....(so if something happens to your tank... you have no one to turn to .... but I must say...I have never really have prob with it before)

4) like most epoxy...foaming in your skimmer does become more intense when you use this medium. (my observation)

All in all....it depends on individuals..... like the purple..there's a good brand in the market.... going for a cheaper medium that is meant for aquarium use? I think this brand is alright.