• 31C Above

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
dun worry, nothing much to impress you one lah....

u din miss much by not visiting my place

i think agar agar just over 10 reefers in here or so have visited me (victor of iwarna also) , and i don't think they went home impressed anyway :P

but yah...hope our paths cross each other one day...

in the lfs maybe....and

please stay behind me after you cross hor, let me pick my stuff first i mean :lol: just kidding lah :lol:

me live so near you and yet.. never gatta invited by you be4 :lol:

• SRC Member
okok...

any other reefers in here using 2 chillers, one as main and one as backup or am i the only nutcase in here  :lol:

I definitely do not welcome Mr Murphy  :P

Bro you not nutcase lah. I also using 2 chillers running on 2 separate loops. I know Danano is also doing the same thing. Mr Murphy visited me before already.

Chiller 1 is 1/2 hp Daeil Sun-cool (outdoor version) running on an Eheim 1262 and return direct into the tank.

Chiller 2 is 1/4 hp Daeil Fish-Cooler (indoor version) running on an Eheim 1250 to and from the sump.

Chiller 1 temp set at 27C, cut in at 27.4C, cut off at 26.6C

If this chiller fails, my fox controller will cut off all my lights at 28C

Chiller 2 temp set at 28C, will cut in at 28.4C, cut of at 27.6C

I need to cut off lights if my first chiller fails as the second chiller capacity is too small to cool my tank with lights on.

I kanna from Mr Mr Murphy before also heng I am at home.

That time the resun MD40 driving my chiller kon out at 6am and trip the whole house. UPS alarm went off and I jump out of bed.

Activated my standby pump and standby pump also spoilt *pengz*, another standby pump loan out to another reefers cannot make it back in time. End up I connect my main return pump to drive the chiller then faster go HK buy iwaki pump back :P

• SRC Member

Mr. Murphy visited before I did the Fox and the 2nd loop.

Came home from work saw my blastos (back when I still keep blastos :lol: ) all shrunk and my montis all no polyp. Check the chiller temp readout saw temp 31.8C :(:( I quickly switch off lights then use ziplock bags filled with ice cubes and dump them into the tank. Luckily I have a ice cube making fridge.

Call the chiller supplier and he came within 2 hours by that time temp has gone to below 30C. End up the cooling fan for the chiller conked so the chiller keep overheating and can't work long enough to cool.

So after I did this double precaution lah. Luckily the high temp is only for a short period, if not :(:(:(

heng no major casualty for you bro....

that's why i always wonder why we can spend money on building up our reef and then never think of protecting our *investment*....

so i hope to see more reefers here protecting their investment with a double loop :)

consider the expense of the backup loop as insurance premium lor...hehe

• SRC Member

Hmmm... I'm curious to know too... :P

Well, it's in my experience and didn't say everyone have to follow.

Just happened to be in past 2 weeks, all my SPS color up.

SBS_Transit visited my tank 2 weeks ago, and he visited yesterday again, it's all what he said, everything coloring up.

I was the person who believe in 27C however.

It's all a lot depend on where SPS come from too.

So if you want to do, do at your own risk. But I will set my chiller @ 24 :) since everthing look getting better.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
I kanna from Mr Mr Murphy before also heng I am at home.

That time the resun MD40 driving my chiller kon out at 6am and trip the whole house. UPS alarm went off and I jump out of bed.

Activated my standby pump and standby pump also spoilt *pengz*, another standby pump loan out to another reefers cannot make it back in time. End up I connect my main return pump to drive the chiller then faster go HK buy iwaki pump back :P

So bro you did the 2 loop thing already?

• SRC Member
heng no major casualty for you bro....

that's why i always wonder why we can spend money on building up our reef and then never think of protecting our *investment*....

so i hope to see more reefers here protecting their investment with a double loop :)

consider the expense of the backup loop as insurance premium lor...hehe

These words are very true. The 'insurance premium' is well worth it considering the amount we spend on stocking up with beautiful fishes and exotic corals. It only take a few hours, everything will go up in 'smoke' :ph34r:

So bro you did the 2 loop thing already?

Not yet ah... that time was checking out the price for another 1/2hp artica but for some reasons never follow up.

Okie okie don't flame me.

Tomorrow i go check price for another artica/dailea. How's the 1/4hp one? I think I go for that too if the price is good lol.

• SRC Member

Not yet ah... that time was checking out the price for another 1/2hp artica but for some reasons never follow up.

Okie okie don't flame me.

Tomorrow i go check price for another artica/dailea. How's the 1/4hp one? I think I go for that too if the price is good lol.

1/4 hp good enough for backup but must run without lights on lah. If lights on cannot bring down the temp by much and it keep on running. Have tested mine. Price I think standard lah.

Should combine with the Fox Controller to kill the lights. Safer like that

yeah...

why subject oneself to the emotional stress and anxiety of standing in front of his/her tank and using all the fans that he/she can find and blow the tank , and using wrapped ice-dips and yet watching the tank temperature creeping up however slowly by virtue of the hot afternoon/season and critical pumps.....

hoping and praying the replacement chiller will be delivered soon or the ice at 7-eleven will not run out...

what if the chiller can only be delivered the next day? lose sleep over it and watch the tank overnight?

so after this *projected scenario*, i guess all these unwanted emotions can be easily avoided by the additonal loop in the first place :)

join the BUL movement. (Back Up Loop) :lol:

• SRC Member
yeah...

why subject oneself to the emotional stress and anxiety of standing in front of his/her tank and using all the fans that he/she can find and blow the tank , and using wrapped ice-dips and yet watching the tank temperature creeping up however slowly by virtue of the hot afternoon/season and critical pumps.....

hoping and praying the replacement chiller will be delivered soon or the ice at 7-eleven will not run out...

what if the chiller can only be delivered the next day? lose sleep over it and watch the tank overnight?

so after this *projected scenario*, i guess all these unwanted emotions can be easily avoided by the additonal loop in the first place :)

join the BUL movement. (Back Up Loop) :lol:

u guys r gettin obesses and paranoid by the minute :lol:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.