• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

very interesting thread dude ;)

didn't miss a single page at all( juz cant bear to miss a page :lol: )

very nice n creative design for ur living room :yeah:

a house of ur own to customise, supportive wife, enuff cash for all this

this is so Heaven :D

nice scaping n corals too ;)

• SRC Member
A close up of the nautilus shell.... :lol:

An endangered species?

Seamonkee, did you buy that? Supporting the curio/shell trade encourages fishermen to catch more of these beautiful animals which are later killed and their shells sold to tourists. :(

• SRC Member

:P

An endangered species?

Seamonkee, did you buy that? Supporting the curio/shell trade encourages fishermen to catch more of these beautiful animals which are later killed and their shells sold to tourists. :(

The nautilus shell was a spare dead specimen given to me by my colleague he kept when I was still at the zoo lah.... Got death cert one.... :lol::D:P

As for the small shells, they were bought by my mum unknowingly during her trip to China on her own initiative without me asking... unless you want me to flog her for that? :lol::D:lol:

Thanks for the concern, bro danano... Dun worry about it... you are talking to someone who knows the CITEs rulings inside out, participated in some animal skinning himself while at the zoo and perhaps met the AVA chairman at times in person... ;) I think before you can flog me, he will flog me first if I foul in any of the AVA or CITES rulings... :lol::D

Aiyah, I said live specimen as a joke lah... these fellows are hard to keep according to my friends at Underwater World too... .... :lol:

Now we have Nautilus Police on top of the usual Tang Police... I must hide from danano liao... :lol:

love,

your Usual Crazy Whacky Seamonkee with his whacky replies.. :upsidedown::P

• SRC Member
Tang police?

Tang police must be sleeping, see tang suffering in reefer's tank, skinny till paper thin also no one care.

Better get another more on Tang police :P

Me? I have no fishes at the moment leh... :lol:

Tang Police? Not interested but I want to form a Turbo Snail Police Enforcement... :lol:

Tang police?

Tang police must be sleeping, see tang suffering in reefer's tank, skinny till paper thin also no one care.

Better get another more on Tang police :P

You want tang police ah?? G RC find loh... Now i am zoo keeper... :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

My new babies... got them as a "reward" for myself getting a new job... :lol:

Watanabei angels... a pair somemore... the male is super rare.... mine feeding on mysis somemore... lagi super duper rare... :lol:

Fishes are now in QT for two weeks.... ;)

post-34-1115913483.jpg

• SRC Member

wow nice watanabei.. now i know who is pro sealife lolx :lol::lol:

Nay... I just happen to be there to visit my tankmaker Lim Han Tack after my interview at SICC (Upper Thomson)... He set up office next door to sealife...

• SRC Member

UV bulb replaced in main tank (now without fishes) to raise its effectiveness against the fight against ich minions or remnants...

Replaced Rowaphos in FR also... :lol:

• SRC Member
UV bulb replaced in main tank (now without fishes) to raise its effectiveness against the fight against ich minions or remnants...

Replaced Rowaphos in FR also... 

Wow bro,

Now very good mood, going on spending spree huh? :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Wow bro,

Now very good mood, going on spending spree huh? :eyebrow:

Only bought the watanabei as celebration.. :lol:

Rowaphos, I kept two 1000ml tubs in my storeroom... also UV light I bought two weeks ago but have not replace.... hahahaha... :lol:

• SRC Member

woh male watanabei.... tat is super rare and u can get it start on mysis..

but i think their diet is very different, anyone to confirm>

BTW think no more tang police in SRC liao, my tangs are getting damn fat....

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
woh male watanabei.... tat is super rare and u can get it start on mysis..

but i think their diet is very different, anyone to confirm>

BTW think no more tang police in SRC liao, my tangs are getting damn fat....

phytoplankton feeder + mysis... their feeding habits are sort of liken anthias... I heard....

small mouth so they dun take pellets....

• SRC Member
neat setup!!

the setup is the fun part.. !!

hehe..

Thanks.... cost my wife an arm and leg....

The tank was a "dowry" from her for the new house.... :lol::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

bro,me also setting up a 5f by 2.5f by 2.5f fowlr. My tank will be here in 2wks time. After reading your thread from pg 1,looks like I'm also about going into a series of "nightmare".... :unsure: You made me feel that proper planning is so important,which u have done a good job.

• SRC Member

New baby in the tank....

Ghost Arrow Spider Crab bought from Henry... now in my fallowed main tank (since inverts dun carry ich)....

One more week or so and my fishes are ready to go into the tank... can't wait, man...

post-34-1117457172.jpg

• SRC Member
One more week or so and my fishes are ready to go into the tank... can't wait, man...

One more week and counting down! Both to the release of your babies into their new tank as well as your first day at your new job? :D:P

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

New job starts on 27th June after my exams.... Fish releasing ceremony on 12th June... hahaha... :lol:

So bro. terryansimon... which exam dates did you get? I got mine on the 14th and 20th June... Thank God it is one week apart.... :lol:

I will never forget one semester when I had two modules back to back.... one paper in the morning and one paper in the afternoon.... :pinch::pirate::pirate:

• SRC Member
New job starts on 27th June after my exams.... Fish releasing ceremony on 12th June... hahaha... :lol:

So bro. terryansimon... which exam dates did you get? I got mine on the 14th and 20th June... Thank God it is one week apart.... :lol:

I will never forget one semester when I had two modules back to back.... one paper in the morning and one paper in the afternoon.... :pinch::pirate::pirate:

All the best for your exams then! :)

Taking the gov's advice to constantly upgrade yourself huh? :P

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

my exams? heh. let's just say they're ALL BACK TO BACK! wah lau. all at the Caulfield race course, which isn't anywhere near my campus. thank goodness I bought a car. (=

anyway, you coming down to Melbourne anytime soon for your final module or something? do let me know. and bring photos of your tanks. feeling quite deprieved.

the closest I've seen to fishes in Melbourne is the fish stall at Queen Victoria Market and the funny creatures they have there. I'm really tempted to buy a goldfish for myself, although I think I'll probably need to buy a heater for it, seeing how it's winter now and the ambient temperatures average about 7 degrees for now. and it's not even the dead of winter yet. oh well.