Enough Oxygen?

• SRC Member

Hi,

I have a 2ft tank running FOWLR. Using Liberty 200 and a hand on Protein Skimmer.

My mated true percula clowns are always swimming near the surface of the water. I've just introduced the fish say about 5 days ago. It's feeding well.. but they are always swimming near the surface of the water is a concern.

Is there not enough of oxygen in my tank? The only source of oxygen in the tank is coming from the hang on Liberty 200 filter where the water splashes back down into the tank and thus having bubbles and fine bubbles in the tank.

Is that enough? Or do I have to add an airstone in?

Thanks

• SRC Member

Hmm Maxifire, I put a clown fish in that day, in my tank which is not matured.. the next day he goes up to the surface of the water and died. i think maybe you have not enought oxygen.

Also Could Post a Picture of your Tank.

• SRC Member

If you have a protein skimmer, gaseous exchange is high and chances of low oxygen content is very very low, unless your skimmer is not working properly.

Giritharan, your clownfish dying because your tank has not yet matured has nothing to do with low oxygen levels. <_<

• SRC Member
If you have a protein skimmer, gaseous exchange is high and chances of low oxygen content is very very low, unless your skimmer is not working properly.

Giritharan, your clownfish dying because your tank has not yet matured has nothing to do with low oxygen levels. <_<

Yeah.. could be that. I forgotten to add that they are always hanging around near the skimmer. Could it be that the fishes has yet to settle down in my tank? I fed it this morning and it actually swam around the tank to get their food. :D

• SRC Member

Hehe Pai sa ah... Never mine give me 2 months and see :) :)

I hope it will get better

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member

the condition is not rite and tank not matured yet.. thats why it dies.. maybe nitrate poisoning etc. not oxygen.. what i know is that clown fishes tend to be a surface swimmer some of them.. mine has been with me for 2 weeks and tends to be active more in the surface but when it sleeps i see it on my hehe Holland clog shoe...

• SRC Member
the condition is not rite and tank not matured yet.. thats why it dies.. maybe nitrate poisoning etc. not oxygen..

nitrate poisoning ?

maxfire, yer protein skimmer provides enough gas exchange in yer tank, unlikely that yer tank lack oxygen

how long have u had yer tank running?

what abt yer filtration ? any live rocks?

• SRC Member

nitrate poisoning ?

maxfire, yer protein skimmer provides enough gas exchange in yer tank, unlikely that yer tank lack oxygen

how long have u had yer tank running?

what abt yer filtration ? any live rocks?

Hello,

My tank's been running for about 2 weeks plus. Got to jump start my tank a little faster coz I got some 5kg+ of LRs from a fellow reefer's tank.

Ammonia = 0

Nitrite = 0

pH = 8.0

Using Eheim Liberty 200 hang on type filter.

no lah.

clown fishes without anemone tend to swim near the surface.

unless u can provide one for him. Mine same too.

certain fishes swim at certain level. so u got to provide food

that float, sink kind. when the fishes get seasoned, it will expect

where to look for food. (maybe swim upz, like my dottyback n

royal gamma, bottom dweller)

its your water parameters that are no good that result

in the death of the clowns.