Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
Can ex-owners/owners advise:

1) the price range of a Moorish idol?

2) feeding difficulty face?

3) unsafe with what type of corals eg may fancy buttons, etc, etc

:bow::thanks:

1)$15-$20

2)My first I believed wss too stressed to eat,haiz,didn't make it pass the 2nd week :cry:

3)Reef-safe

• SRC Member

I bought my 2nd about 3 months back & tried 5 brands of pellets before it settled down on 2 types and started feeding on the 3rd day.I believe they get stressed easily with fierce tankmates. :heh: It is better that you buy one that is feeding already but it does not gaurantee that it will survive & feed in your tank.

th_mi1.jpg

• SRC Member

The Moorish Idol tends to be very peaceful. Due to its size, schooling nature, and need for swimming space, it requires a large aquarium of at least 125 gallons. As its beauty is most evident while swimming, giving it adequate room is well rewarded. It is compatible with most fish and larger invertebrates, but should not be kept with any polyps or corals, which it will eat. Small invertebrates may be threatened as well.

Hi Livebait!

Thanks for the info..... I have no experience with MI yet but the above is copied from liveaquria...... So, yours is reef safe with the polyps corals? :whistle

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
The corals I have,my MI does not bother which includes bubbles,zoos,mushies,hammer,jewel,sponges,star polyps,i guessed i am lucky & my MI is just well fed, :D but even if my MI do nip,i would rather keep the MI & discard the coral :lol:

well, they do like prata, lobo and brain more.. softer to peck on. maybe they like SPS too

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
Nice MI bro Regal,

Ehh btw, do you own the regal in your avatar? :D It is a very rare regal specimen.

:D:D

Not I don't had it .... the regal in my avatar so rare.... didn't seen it before...just copy from so where......

Got one MI two weeks ago. For the first week it refuses to eat anything i throw in. Flooding the water column with food does not work for the stubborn fellow.

Starting this week, I tried seaweed and I entice the food with a solution from seachem. My MI eats live brine shrimp/seaweed/mix food now.

Will train it to eat pellets a few weeks later.

Yes, it needs lots of swimming space. Its very elegant and its the nicest fish in the tank.

reefsafe for my tank.

Oh IC, i thought own one too.

According to my books, that regal are own by japanese aquarist, and there are other rare specimen which is albino regal and some other very rare and even restricted species own by japanese taipan. Not even american aquarist are crazy enough to pay that high price.