My money pit (in progress)

Bandit

• SRC Member
Would you like to know how much do those Blood (aka Fire) Shrimps cost here?

Unfortunately, I know already... would love to bring some back with me, but the quarantine laws specifically prohibit the import of any type of invertebrates. There is no way you can convince them to let them in, and the fines are huge, sometimes with jail sentences as well :ooh:

• SRC Member
Bandit,

Tell you what...I'll send you some blood and skunk cleaners, and you can send me some black ocellaris! ;):D

Black ocellaris are very common over here, even got a few people aquaculturing them.

• SRC Member

This site will help....

Oceans Motions

Simply put the BEST wavemaker going around....

Yup...quite a cool gadget... B) I am thinking of getting this for my 6ft once I am back in Singapore... :):angel:

Is it readily available in your country?

• 3 months later...

i like the concept of ur tank, no need for tunze and other wave makers already. :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

hi bandit,

hv a couple of qns for u. ;)

1. what pump r u using to drive the loop? pressure-rated? flowrate?

2. how do u ensure uniform flowrate thru out all the outlets?

3. any preventive measures taken in case of back-siphon? (assuming it is not closed loop)

TIA.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

hi bandit,

hv a couple of qns for u. ;)

1. what pump r u using to drive the loop? pressure-rated? flowrate?

2. how do u ensure uniform flowrate thru out all the outlets?

3. any preventive measures taken in case of back-siphon? (assuming it is not closed loop)

TIA.

Geez..... missed out this part of ur thread. :paiseh: treat it as if i never asked. :P

Circulation:

Display :2 x Oceans Motions heavy duty 4 ways. 1 running from Closed loop on Sequence Hammerhead (22000lph). The other running from return pumps. These will both be split to 8 outlets. The return pump system will have 8 Oceans Motions revolutions to provide truly random flow. The Closed loop will return via two holes in the back glass, and 6 in the tank bottom. Outlet direction will be dictated using 3/4" Locline fittings

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Hey Lightning strike

It is closed loop (not plumbed yet but getting there!) Outlet is in back of the tank.

Pump is a Sequence... pumping out about 20000lph.

Uniform flowrate... you need to understand how the Oceansmotions works for this. Basically, this is a 4 way that runs 2 outlets at any gven time. I have split each outlet into 2, so I ahve 8 outlets, of which 4 will be on at any given time. The flowrates will not be exact coming out, btu at 5000lph, they will not vary much. I am also adding another Oceans Motions 4 way on my return pumps, wich will split into 8 outlets again, with OM Revolutions on the end... this will give me even more random flow.

Not sure what I am talking about... go to Oceans Motions and have a look through the forum... gadget freaks will be impressed!

At the end of the day I am going to have about 40x tank turnover in circulation, not one pump in the tank, and a flow so random I think it will repeat itself once per month or something stupid like that! :bow::bow:

• SRC Member

no back siphon on closed loop :)

The return plumbing isn't done yet... but it will only reach about 1" into the water, so back siphon will be taken care of.

I am REALLY happy with the external overflow... no overflow taking up space in this tank!

• SRC Member
Tank setup is looking good bro. Would look even better after your expedition to the Coral Sea. :P:pinch:

September bro... but I am afraid it will only be live rock this time. I'll go back up in February and come back with some gems once the tank has stablised a bit :-)

Might even see some acans frags/colonies that collectors have tossed away... no one wants them down here :blink:

• SRC Member
Might even see some acans frags/colonies that collectors have tossed away... no one wants them down here :blink:

Tossing away acan frags!!!!! :cry::cry: You too much bro. :pinch::pinch:

A lot of reefers here would die for an opportunity to pick up your 'garbage'. :lol::lol:

September bro... but I am afraid it will only be live rock this time. I'll go back up in February and come back with some gems once the tank has stablised a bit :-)

Might even see some acans frags/colonies that collectors have tossed away... no one wants them down here  :blink:

OI Bring me back something nice will ya ;)

Acans will do I guess, if you have to find a filler coral.

Dan.