Carling Cup Final

livebait

• SRC Member

Liverpool needs to find some billionaire so finance it so that it doesn't need to play good football, just buy everyone else's star players. Oops, Chelsea did that already.

I guess with 400 million pounds spent in two years, a 3-2 extra-time win is the least you should be able to get :P

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

the percentage to win CL is same as a lionfish wont eat a cleaner shrimp. :whistle

:lol::lol: Agree with that. After seeing how Bayern, Barcelona and Milan play, for Liverpool to win the CL will be a long long shot.

Looking at Chelsea, no doubt they are a very good team and it would have been a disaster if they didn't win the Cup. (they nearly didn't.......Liverpool should have kept Gerrard on the bench... :P )

Congrats to them but if there is one person that irks me is their manager. :angry::angry: Mourinho thinks he has the god given right to win every game and trophy he goes for. Such arrogance and the way he wind up the Liverpool fans after the equaliser was totally unprofesional and uncalled for. He deserved to be sent from the touchline. Hope the FA comes down hard on him as this is really something the game doesn't need. And after his outburst at the Barca game, I really question his integrity towards the game or is it just a pure ego trip managing Chelsea???? What a shame.... :(:(

• SRC Member

Mourinho's arrival in England makes me start to like ferguson. The teams was not bad even before he arrived. He just brought with him some spanards and thinks he's the best manager around. Hate his "I have many you have none" arrogance. Hope he'll have just 1 this year and see how much longer The Russian can stand him.

Go Man U go! (first time I cheer for Man U)

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Yeah ... Just goes to prove that $$$ can indeed buy success, much as I hate to agree with that... Its just doesnt sound rite ethically

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

stevie g shud hold his hand up and accepts dat he has failed as a captain last nite..

nt juz because of the own goal but the fact dat he succumbed under pressure last nite.. at times like after the unfortunate own goal is where players will look at their captain for inspiration but dats nt wat happened..instead its like the team is playing with ten men and carrying their captain on their backs as he was looking listless.. this is the time where he should stand up and be counted.. when the going gets tough the tough gets going..

ppl readily blamed dudek when he let in a howler against man u... and again when he let in a soft goal in midweek against bayer.. but nt many will blame stevie g last nite juz for the fact dat he is stevie g.. no doubt dat he is a GREAT player, in fact one of the most complete midfielder in the world, but if chelsea come along with 30plus million for him i say let him go if he wants to.. if the club has sold fowler and owen in the past i don c y they cant sell stevie g

pls note dat my comments on stevie g are purely on the game last nite and nt wat he have done for the club over the past yrs..

niwae well done chelsea!

• SRC Member

:lol::lol: Agree with that. After seeing how Bayern, Barcelona and Milan play, for Liverpool to win the CL will be a long long shot.

Looking at Chelsea, no doubt they are a very good team and it would have been a disaster if they didn't win the Cup. (they nearly didn't.......Liverpool should have kept Gerrard on the bench... :P )

Congrats to them but if there is one person that irks me is their manager. :angry::angry: Mourinho thinks he has the god given right to win every game and trophy he goes for. Such arrogance and the way he wind up the Liverpool fans after the equaliser was totally unprofesional and uncalled for. He deserved to be sent from the touchline. Hope the FA comes down hard on him as this is really something the game doesn't need. And after his outburst at the Barca game, I really question his integrity towards the game or is it just a pure ego trip managing Chelsea???? What a shame.... :(:(

mourinho said after the game dat the shut up gesture is meant for the english press for criticising his team for losing two games in a row and nt the liverpool fans.. ya rite! :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I jus wonder. R. Abramovic wants to make Chelsea into one of the biggest clubs in the world. True, it may win the trophies and cups, but they can forget about ever increasing their fan base if they have mourinho in-charge. He's a complete public relations dud and he obviously has no sense of shame or class in his behaviour.

First when he celebrated like a clown at Old Trafford last season, then the barcelona match last week and then wat he did to the liverpool fans yesterday. He is fast becoming a hate figure around the football world, and before long, Chelsea will earn the same reputation as the most hated club.

Chelsea is playing good football, i just can't stand the manager. :pirate: The british press hailed him as a breath of fresh air initially.. the air is starting to stink. :sick:

• SRC Member
. He is fast becoming a hate figure around the football world, and before long, Chelsea will earn the same reputation as the most hated club.

Chelsea is playing good football, i just can't stand the manager. :pirate:

ahahaha justin! :lol: you are just waiting for someone to come and overtake Man U / Ferguson as the most hated club/manager in England rite!!! :P

and Chris, Mourinho didn't buy many spaniards. He brought over some portugese from Porto, but I think he's bought more english and french players. It's Benitez who has brought over a lot of Spaniards to Liverpool (Nunez, Alonso, Garcia, Josemi, Morientes, Pellegrino). Think he should have just bought Barcelona and make them all Liverpool players :D

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
I jus wonder. R. Abramovic wants to make Chelsea into one of the biggest clubs in the world. True, it may win the trophies and cups, but they can forget about ever increasing their fan base if they have mourinho in-charge.

Abramovic is a businessman & he care less about improvig fan base or have good public relations with fans or the media.Once his club is among the top clubs in Europe he will sell it for a profit.... <_<

_39232422_russian203body_ap.jpg

umm...think I'll buy Barca next :idea: ..follow by Juventus :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

To me Abramovic's venture into Chelsea is a very shrewed move lah. Remember that he made the move amidst the Russian oil debacle where the richest chap was arrested and jailed. By hogging the limelight and moving to london, he ensures his own safety from the russian govt.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

ahahaha justin! :lol: you are just waiting for someone to come and overtake Man U / Ferguson as the most hated club/manager in England rite!!! :P

:lol:

Dun say leh, i beginning to see 'halo' over fergie and wenger now. skali they become best buddies...... like real! :P

Roman too rich oredi lah, who's going to bet against him buying over Stevie G. and Ashley Cole this summer. If these 2 go over.... :ph34r: