How do you feed your fish?

akahoshi

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Want to know what method is used mostly here when feeding their fishes??

I am talking about Brine Shrimp or Mysis Shrimp here.. (As i know that most people feed nori by tying it to a rock)

I think one method most people use is just throw the whole cube into the water??

But how about fishes that are slower in eating? Any other bros got other methods of feeding??

• SRC Member

like for my longnose hawkfish, he's a shy guy so i normally spray mysis infront of him at his home corner and he'll eat. as for the rest.. dropping pallets on the water surface coupled with mysis also..

• SRC Member

yep I hold the mysis in front of the powerhead untill the powerhead melts the whole cube and blows the mysis all over the tank. this way all fishes get a share and don't have to crowd around one small cube of mysis.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

when you throw the cube of brine/mysis, it still floats on the water and the water current will spread them out. But reefers deliberately pour/hold the food in front of the powerhead to have a faster and better spread of the food. Any which way is still fine as long as you avoid dropping them at dead spot.

• SRC Member

put the frozen cube of shrimp under a thin stream of water and a feeding net underneath to collect the shrimp. the pressure will melt the ice. if u wan to save water, put a mug underneath the net to collect water n repeat the step again. after which, u will have melted shrimp and swing the net near the powerhead, the shrimp will fly everywhere and everyone will get a bite. :lol:

• SRC Member

Did the same thing like the brothers above...let the powerhead distribute the brine shrimp. But problem is that my Caribean Royal Gamma is a shy timid fellow. But time the feeding frenzy over he might eat a little or none at all. He is among the pioneer resident. My tank is 9mths old. 3ft big with 6 other fishes