"Super" Sun Coral

Voltron2000

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Aiya,

Stop quarreling lah.  There are a lot of people(senior or junior) who like to talk like they know a lot.  I always listen with a pinch of salt. 

Do remember that number of post is by no mean an indicator of experience in reefing....only rattling.  Only listen to those you can really trust.

Let's continue reefing on....

Absolutely totally agree with you, bro Chris....

Number of posts NOT EQUAL to knowledge in head...

Just like me, though I was with the zoo and have a so-called impressive 2000 or so postings, 20% were asking questions and the other 80% for monkeying around in this forum because I so enjoy the people here :lol: ... (So you know who the real Joker is.. I am out from Arkham Asylum, really....) :lol:

When it comes to marine knowledge, I got a fraction of a plankton's brain... Still got a lot to learn really... :lol::D

I am always amused when people (I am not refering to shoelevy so dun quote me wrongly) has an inclination to post because they feel proud to chalk a high post... Seriously, it will dawn upon them when they realise how silly they look (just like me) when they post an innocent basic question... The high number of posts become rather a liability if you ask me... :lol: You get other reefers going :huh::huh: ...... :lol::D

Bottomline as I always advise, whatever advice you get (even from me cause I can fail you too... hahah), do VERIFY first and check with other sources... Besides this forum, one can also do more readings on their own from books, the Internet.. some are even scientific-based that are written by true marine biologists...

Not doubting the knowledge of the mods or senior reefers here... the sad part is that I always see people relying more on this forum for quick-pick answers without doing some serious readings on their own...

For example...

When someone ask if they can buy a butterflyfish for their reef tank.... I notice this person will just cheong the LFS upon a single reply that yes, they may take the risk to do so...

This also teaches us to be careful with giving advices... :lol::D At least for those who know a joker like me, they know when my tone change and when I am sharing my serious views... :P

Sorry bro roidan, I know I can be long winded and :off: at times, but this is serious advice too... :D

• SRC Member
yup....

wanna quarrel, try to do it in PM...

wanna be heard, post in kopitiam...

I will be watching, meanwhile let's get back to SUPER SUN CORALS  :lol:

watching.jpg

Your batman alterego is serving you well, bro! :lol::D

• SRC Member

wah...

nice nice nice!!!!

:off: may i know wats the real name for prata?? (not roti prata)

:off: Prata is actually Scolymia, they belongs to the family of Mussidae. The other members of the Mussidae family are Blastomussa, Cynarina, Lobophyllia and Symphyllia. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

oooo..... no wonder... cannot find prata(scolymia) in yahoo... only come out food... haha....

thx bro gouldian.....