I can't SLEEP!!!

LaW

• SRC Member

darn, i having problems sleeping early.

i wont be sleeping if its not 5-7am. its going on for 7 months already!!!

and i cant take it anymore!

*normally sleeping in the lecture*

tried to re-clock my body but still didnt work.

any remedy from you guys?

any remedy to make one feels sleepy?

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Oh goodness 7 mths :ooh:. I had that experience once but lasted for two weeks. My remedy is that I try not to sleep the next morning and did a lot excersice to make myself shack and I mean really shack. You say that you sleep during lecture well try not to, I know that it is hard but try. Try this out :D .

Oh goodness 7 mths :ooh:. I had that experience once but lasted for two weeks. My remedy is that I try not to sleep the next morning and did a lot excersice to make myself shack and I mean really shack. You say that you sleep during lecture well try not to, I know that it is hard but try. Try this out :D .

:lol::lol::lol: ya do more exercise

• SRC Member

When I can't get to sleep in bed, I get up and do some boring stuff like reading a book. I will try to chose a book that I normally do not read (boring) so that after reading a while I will feel sleepy...... :lol:

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Bro dun use sleeping pills its useless as it only induce physical sleep not mental sleep.

I suspect there is something weighting on your mind cos it is usually the body is tired but ur brain doesnt right???

Try not to sleep in the day no matter how tired avoid caffine based drinks eg coffee, coke etc.

do not execise within 3 hrs of sleep.

Sleep in a definite time that is if u want to fall asleep at 11pm go to bed at 11pm EVERY night. so that ur biological clock can reset itself.

Hope this help if not i still got more remedies

• SRC Member

laW- how do you define a sleeping problem?

If you sleep at 2am, and then wake up at 7 to drag yourself to lectures, and koon when the lecturer talks, that is a tertiary syndrome. Nothing to do with mental or medical problem. I think all U undergrads go thru that one time or another, with or without boozing and parties and what not.

But if you go to bed, cant sleep, exist in a semi-vegetative state where reality breezes in and out, wake up groggy and tired, and for 7 months, you have serious problem. Is it stress? Medical issues? Split personalities ala Fight Club?

I agree with hammerhd- you gotta settle the base issue first. 7 months is too long.

• SRC Member

the best remedy of them all = turn on the tv and watch BBC... :eyeblur:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

yes. try to follow your body's biological timer. in the first few hours prior to sleep, get a nice warm shower, do some routine and boring stuff. try to do try anyting exciting. you should be able to sleep.

another method is pop some vitamin c tablets and think that you have just taken sleeping pills. sometimes placebo effect does work... ;)

• SRC Member

wao~ good response from u guys out there.

greatly appreciated. this shows how helpful reefers are.

all these happened after my stay in states for 3 months.

try classical music and watching my reef tank which is in my room? wont help but i always do that.

excercise? yes i do some exercise like jogging, abit of gyming. once in a while.

gf? yes i have one lovely 1 but maybe not for sometimes

doing exercise with her? thats for your own imagination.

poping pills? never tried that.

caffein? dont touch those. once in a while nicotine.

drinking beers or alcohol? yeah, about once a week. helps abit but cannot always drink right? i dun want a constricted liver. and money issues comes about. Singapore its not the place where coke cost more than whisky. If im in europe, i might do that.

Tried to stay awake for 24 hrs? yes i did, just tried it last thursday during my paper. staying awake for more than 30hrs.

update on today, went on bed at about 7am, cant sleep, the last time i remembered looking at the clock was like near to 9am but woke up at about 11+ am to drag myself to take another paper.

body feeling tired? but the mind is awake? Yes. My mind always wondering somewhere, thinking thinking and never stop thinking. maybe thats why i have quite abit of white hair as compared to the other pple my age. feeling abit reckless most of the time in the day

stress? nah... im a stress-free guy. nothing really bothering me. maybe gf and family once in a while. I got good friends, reef, games, pets(2 chicken, 2 rabbits, 1 hamster, 2 dogs to play around with *something i gave pride to myself for being a animal lover*) and academic results.

hot bath? wont work on me. i think i feel even more refreshed.

watching TV? wont work.

reading books? hates books. most of the time i spent on reading will be something to do with reef online.

doing things exciting? yes im always doing something new. exciting ones of course.

split personality? everyone has that. no doubt. i think for my case, alittle more than commoners. heard complaints from my friends about my sudden change of behaviour sometimes.

imagine... sleeping at 5 or 6... dragging urself to school 2 to 3 hrs later.

i think i had enough since last September.

However if I'm sleeping without being disturbed, normally i can sleep for 6-7 hrs. sometime even more.

any good ideas? dont want to spend time dealing with psychiatrist. dealed with one during my NS enlistment during 2nd medical checkup. I told them about my problems of sleepless nights, they gave ###### and bull stories. maybe. i need medication. but i wish to avoid that.

comments?

once again... thank you. greatly appreciated.

i bet this topic will serve well for those who have troubles sleeping sometimes or long term.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

bro I think and I'm saying that I think you might kena the sleeping sydromme (sorry dun know how to spell it out) where by you have trouble sleeping and your body will only sleeps when it wants. Consult a doctor before it gets worst. They may give you sleeping pills but it may adjust the way your system works. Well good luck.

• SRC Member
bro I think and I'm saying that I think you might kena the sleeping sydromme (sorry dun know how to spell it out) where by you have trouble sleeping and your body will only sleeps when it wants. Consult a doctor before it gets worst. They may give you sleeping pills but it may adjust the way your system works. Well good luck.

yeah... correct.. i only sleep when my body and mind wanted to.

no other better ideas rather than spending money on Doc?

anyway, thanks mate. i think visiting a Doc will be my second choice.

• SRC Member

my LAW friend.. i had the same problem like u since 3yrs ago..and it nv get well.. seen a doc.. doc said reduce on caffine intake.. reduce le.. gets abit beta the last time.. nowadays it became even worst!!! recently i read tt honey actually helps u to sleep beta.. try taking some honey during dinner time.. it shld helps u get to sleep early.. it works a little betta for me now.. ;) take good care!