Need your opinions on this.

AquaRa

• SRC Member

Don't you feel that some of the counter-terror measures by the govt are unnecessary and that they add on to the tension in singapore?

e.g police patrols on orchard road? :ooh: isn't tat a bit too pointless?

and how do all of you feel with all the surveillance cameras around you, observing your every movement and all the guards checking through your stuff and scrutinising you? :)

• SRC Member

Sigh... without all these "measures" wait singapore kena bomb then people will be asking why goverment never put in such measures...

Dun think anyone complaining in Bali about not being able to park your cars in front of a bar.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
Sigh... without all these "measures" wait singapore kena bomb then people will be asking why goverment never put in such measures...

Dun think anyone complaining in Bali about not being able to park your cars in front of a bar.

;) backing u up

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Don't you feel that some of the counter-terror measures by the govt are unnecessary and that they add on to the tension in singapore?

e.g police patrols on orchard road? :ooh: isn't tat a bit too pointless?

and how do all of you feel with all the surveillance cameras around you, observing your every movement and all the guards checking through your stuff and scrutinising you? :)

they just act as a deterrent...

imagine.. got this guy... he was going to bomb this place... then as he walk near this place... then suddenly he see four burly SOC officers with MP5s.. and another SOC officer behind with the HUGE German Sherphard that loooks like it is ready to kill anyone... how??

most of these things are just deterents... like when someone gonna rape someone... then suddenly the first someone saw camera... then the middle leg shrink... lidat loh...

seriously... spore govt althou look like they over-do things... but they are solutions that are thought out carefully... and designed to solve the problems the fastest way...

for example SARS... M'sia was laughing at Spore... say too strict... blah blah blah... when Spore happily declare SARS-free for quite some time already... then M'sia quietly adopted Spore style in the end....

not that i am pro-PAP... but i was from the Force... so I just feel that I should speak for them...

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

SOC officers??? they in charge of SOC issit??? :lol:

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

If you watch ferenheit 911 then you know what I'm talking abt. The point to all this as said by AquaRa of adding more tension or rather more fear in us. The next thing you know that they will be using this point in the next election. The issue on the security thing is a good move but too much can be bad as some authorities may abuse their power such as making nonsense checks by saying that they have the right to do so and thus putting their professionalism on the line. To me all this issue is no different from telling the people that they are going to jack up the prices of cigarettes to stop smokers from smoking. In the end this price jacking thing will only benefit the goverments cause they know cheap or expensive smoker will still smoke. Anyway it is one way of how I look at the situation. I have nothing against the goverment but the goverment is not always right. :angry:

Regards :D

• SRC Member

Locally, IMO authorities haven't go to the extend of abusing their powers.

In the states my friend's grandfather was questioned in an interview room in JFK airport for 1 hr just because he bought preserved duck for his grandson... sigh...

Will you be tense in a neighbourhood without cops or cop presence is high??

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
If you watch ferenheit 911 then you know what I'm talking abt. The point to all this as said by AquaRa of adding more tension or rather more fear in us. The next thing you know that they will be using this point in the next election. The issue on the security thing is a good move but too much can be bad as some authorities may abuse their power such as making nonsense checks by saying that they have the right to do so and thus putting their professionalism on the line. To me all this issue is no different from telling the people that they are going to jack up the prices of cigarettes to stop smokers from smoking. In the end this price jacking thing will only benefit the goverments cause they know cheap or expensive smoker will still smoke. Anyway it is one way of how I look at the situation. I have nothing against the goverment but the goverment is not always right. :angry:

Regards :D

if you've had look at solid data and statistics(USA statistic anyway), you would realise that prices increase, anti smoking campaigns/movements, does bring about a very significant drop in smoking rates. sure, hardcore smokers would not likely be deterred(much) by prices increase, but perhaps it can give social smokers and potential smokers a few considerations.

regarding all the measures, although they would surely serve some purpose in detering, i think the main thing is for wayang. anyone who's been though army will know the importance. esp those dealing with security. you might think its stupid, pointless, counter effective, but if shit does happen 1 day, the very least they can do is to point at the measures they've adopted. imagine if yo've done nothing to wayang, when shit happens, the first to kanna will be you. people will started pointing fingers at you and ask "why didn't you do this, why ddn't you do that..?"

my point is, if you're the one occupying their seats, you'd do exactly the same thing ;) well, at least i know i will ;)

• SRC Member

I don't find it pointless about the patrols around orchard road. I personally don't find any tension with these police walking around (unless u r doing something wrong :evil: ), in fact you should feed more secure.

These patrols not only serve as a deterence but also in case of emergenciesor crimes, they will be at the scene at the shortest time. 1-2 years ago in either Malaysia or Thailand(can't really remember the exact location), they had armed patrols(with semi-automatic guns) in the city due to an increased in armed robberies. One day, some armed robbers were robbing a jewellery shop and these armed patrols were just 1 street away. These armed patrols went to the scene and the armed robbers were all shot dead in the end. This may happen to us one day... who knows?

• SRC Member
yo

Natsu... you very boh liao leh. <_<

post-54-1107833267.gif

for the checking bag thingy... char bo will be more pai seh... heh

Imagine searching bag, see tamp**, see di**o etc etc... :sweat:

A broken heart, A life torn apart.

Screams with no sound.

No solution to be found.

Forsaken by all, Blood spatterd on a wall.

Left all alone, Still as a stone.

Locked in eternal sleep, No more tears to weep...