Bandits day of terror in Singapore!

Bandit

• SRC Member

Well the day started off well... driver slept in! :lol:

At about 10:20, Scarab and LinkinPark arrive at my hotel to pick me up and take a tour around to a few tanks and to some LFS.

We head off to see Danano's tank... the man is in the shower, but thankfully dressed when he answered the door. "Where's my acans frags?" Is the first thing he says... man if I knew acans frags are so expensive over here would have brought some over! Awesome tank... if you didn't know it had been rescaped just one week ago you would not be able to tell. LinkinPark keeps getting in the way of my photo. When finally get space to take pic Danano says "No photos, I'll send you some", something about his fish freaking out because they saw him get out of the shower or the like, and it will be a couple of days before they recover. On the way out Scarab picks up some small pictures of Xrays or something.... maybe they are smuggling drugs by swallowing them I think. He says something to Danano's wife... something about congratulations or something....

Head off back to LinkinPark's car... "oh, grab that bucket of salt and those two tubs on your way out" says Danano... sure, no problem! Get back to the car, and the logistical exercise of fitting two tubs and a bucket of salt into the back of an Accord begins... we get there with only a small dint in the lid of the trunk :evil: LinkinPark does not notice as I distracted him when Scarab slammed the lid!

Ok, off to LCK, about halfway there Scarab blindfolds me and tells me I am being taken to a top secret location... holy crap, what have I got myself into. :ph34r: Lots of turns this way and that, getting very disorientated! Get to LCK, man, I wish I could bring Ricordia back into Australia! Stuff is everywhere, and other awesome corals and fish!

Hang around, check out the livestock, and back into the car. Before we leave Scarab and LinkinPark put me in the car and go around the corner... must be some secret coral deals going on. I hope they are not going to leave me here blindfolded for too long.

After my eyes adjust when the blindfold is removed, look up to see LinkinPark about to hit a dude on a bicycle... man this guy is a maniac driver! :shock: Green Day belts out through the car stereo, Linkinpark onto his 6th coffee... Keeps mentioning that he needs to ring the Minister for Defence. Lots of muttering under his breath.

Scarab's phone beeps... SMS. a split second later, LinkinPark's phone beeps... SMS. Both from Danano... something about him working for the Secret Service or the CIA or something.... begin to worry that this trip may have been a bad idea.

Scarab rings AT... think he woke him up so he must be in another timezone or something. Scarab passes phone to LinkinPark, with concerned look on his face. LinkinPark talks to AT, hangs up the phone and says, we need to go there NOW man! There must be some crazy crap going on. They are talking about arguments with guys from the US, how this is all turning nasty etc... man these guys are FBI agents or something... what have I got myself into! AT also mentions that some guy from Malayasia wants to meet him too... some serious deals going on. :whistle

We arrive at a block of apartments... come with me says LinkinPark. I think it is best to do as I am told, these guys mean business. Surely this is the end. Will I get one last phone call to call my wife? Go up a few flights of stairs (Scarab carrying the bucket, I am carrying the tubs). Get upstairs, walk in and WHOA, there is another awesome tank.. man these guys really know what they are doing. Another SMS from Danano.. maybe directions of where to take me next.

LinkinPark brings me a glass with a clear liquid in it. "Drink it" he says... ok, so now he is giving me poison, or truth serum or something... this is getting more dangerous by the minute. Surprisingly the liquid tastes like water, but I am still unsure. Look at the tank, try to take pics but LinkinPark keeps getting in the way... beginning to see a trend here, they do not want me to have any evidence. :(

Back into the car... we are going to meet AT. He must be flying in by Lear Jet as he was still sleep, and it was like 12 noon! Get to another apartment building, go up in elevator, and then take steps down... these guys are trying to make sure I can't find my way back out.... surely this is the end. Scarab knocks on the door in some long and drawn out serious of taps that could only be a secret code to be let in. LinkinPark gets on the phone... calls a number and as if by magic, the door opens. :shock:

"Go in" says Scarab. I begin to walk in the door and this dog in a polo shirt attacks me! Only notice later that there is something weird about this dog, and it isn't the polo shirt! Looks up and WHOA... another sensational tank. Some dude staggering around in a ESPN t-shirt. he looks at me and says "Did you bring the stash?", I hand him over the bag I brought from Australia, and he forces a smile. Try to take pictures of the tank, and LinkinPark keeps getting in the way...There is a trend here!

"Where are you taking the hostage next" says AT. "We need to get him some food, his condition is becoming worse" says Scarab. "Let's go" says AT, "I'll sit in the front with LinkinPark, you sit in the back with him Scarab". We get in the car and drive no more than 2 minutes.... "We will eat here" says AT. Another SMS from Danano... this guy must be running the operation.

Sit down at some tables... AT says to me "You like western food or local food?" I think it is best that I go with the local custom. "Ummm... local is fine I mutter"... AT looks at me, and I begin the realise that if I said Western my life may have been over there and then... but they have let me live for a little longer. AT walks off and comes back a little time later. Soon enough, plates and plates of food arrive... it all tastes sensational, but I am sure they have laced it with something that will have it's effect later. Scarab goes to pay for the meal, but I insist, hoping it will buy me enough time to think up an escape plan later on. :yeah:

Walk back to the car, go past a large queue of people. "Everyone wants to get rich" AT mutters to me... wonder what he means by that.

Get back into the car... and LinkinPark begins to complain that his satellite is faulty. He says he needs to send it back to his manufacturer in Nigeria... I didn't realise that satellite components were made in Nigeria, maybe it is a black market operation. He calls the minister for defence... hangs up the phone and says "It will all be sorted out... the curfew has been extended"... whatever that means. :ph34r:

We begin to drive towards some apartment buildings, turn left, the right, then left, the right, then a U turn, then another U turn, Danano rings again... he must be very high up in this organisation... talks of top secret shipments arriving at 2pm and 4pm... must be drugs... what have I got myself into!

All of a sudden we pull up at a set of lights... and there is Danano waiting on the side of the road. This was all part of a well executed plan. Danano gets in the car, sits alongside me and says "Hello Jamie, we are going to take you somewhere 'special' now". This is where I really begin to freak out. :shock:

About 15mins later we pull into an industrial area.... cars everywhere. Danano goes in and talks to someguy who he refers to as 'Victor'... Victor comes over and looks me over... nods his head in approval and shakes my hand. Maybe they are going to use me as a drug runner... Scarab begins to talk about 'Red staghorn' ...must be another secret service operation.... I have no idea what he means but it sounds painful. :eyebrow:

I look around and there are tanks and tank of fish, corals, inverts etc... man this place is awesome. I see a tank that must have like 200 Blood shrimp in it, at $12 each! This has to be a black market operation, as they retail for $200 in Australia! :shock:

Scarab tells me to sit down at the table. "Get a drink" he says. "I can't" I say, I don't have $1... "Just take one" he says, they are free.

All these people coming up and talking to Danano... he IS very high up in the organisation. Muttering about 4pm etc etc etc. 4pm comes and goes, we sit around. I am beginning to get jumpy, and am on the edge of my seat. Can't help but think that something major is about to go down here, and I am not sure if I want to witness it.

Victor looks over at Danano and nods. Danano gets up and looks in the tank... he grabs a bucket and starts piling stock into it. After about 5 mins the frenzy has died down, and Danano gives me a plastic bag and says "Carry this". I do as I am told.

Back into the car... we drive back to a block of apartments and AT gets out... "I'll see you later" he says to me... wonder what he means by that.

We drive off again... into yet another apartment block. I am told to get out of the car and walk down the stairs to the lift. We all get into the lift, and go to the 3rd floor. Get out and go into a room.... there is a woman here, and two small children... are they hostages too? Suddenly realise that they are in on the operation... they are decoys or something to make me think these people are normal!

Turn the corner... WHOA, another awesome tank... these guys really know how to do their reefs? Try and take pictures... LinkinPark keeps getting in the way. Have another drink (this time a red colour, maybe to disorientate me). Say goodbye... Scarab stays back... numbers are getting smaller. Can only think that LinkinPark and Danano are going to do the hit. "You will handle the drop off" asks Scarab? "No problem, it is all under control" says Danano. "We will have the target at the objective by 7pm"... a series of twists and turns later, and we are in Orchard Rd... traffic is bad, I seize my chance, and jump out of the car outside Orchard Point, and make my escape. Danano and LinkinPark say "You can go for now, but we will see you later, we know where you live"... I can't help but feel I will meet up with these guys again. :erm:

Man what a day! And if you believe ALL of this story, you will believe anything. The truth is in there somewhere!

• SRC Member

crap.......i always knew there was something fishy about AT and Danano.....just look at their livestock holding cells...and the dog in a poloshirt....everyone knows dogs only wear tshirts.....thanx for the heads up bandit.......but the real question is......why am i surfing fish in the middle of a work day?and why am i even replying?and why is my boss looking at me like that?maybe i should stop

LOL! You should write for the TV studios down under. Your story is full of imagination! Next you gonna say my dog is hairless!

We deny everything. *takes out a silver pencil-like device* Just look into the light. *poof*

Thank you for your time! :)

• Sponsor

WHOA! That's must be the story of the year! Exciting and thrilling! Who needs DAN BROWN and his Da Vinci Code! We have Bandit and his 'near death experience'! :yeah:

Ok ok, I understand that we have a little hostile last time round. Next time I will prepare a gourmet feast to welcome you!

Things you must try (Chef's recommendation)

1. Anemone Soup - guarantee well grinded and fresh aroma! (better than Linkin Park's coffee)

2. Brine shrimp with cylcopeeze (looks and taste like curry chicken)

3. Nuisance algae dried seaweed in Korean seasoning

4. Deep Fied crunchy seahorse top with rotten sponges...

Just the mentioned of these few dishes makes me hungry!

I apologise for being such a bad host. Really next time round will be an unforgetable experience heh heh heh :evil::evil::evil:

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• SRC Member

Victor,

You forgot the Blood shrimp salad!

I will be back before I leave... I'll let you know before hand so you have time to prepare some REAL food! :eyebrow::pirate: