My standard 2 feet tank

southpaw23

• SRC Member

Finally got some pictures of my tank...taken by my housemate seeing that i suck at pictures.

Firstly some specs:

16 gallon tank (approx)

100watts of T4 lighting

Prizm Skimmer

About 14kg of live rock

10 kg of grade 0 sand

Inhabitants:

2 false percula

1 goby ( i think it's a hi fin but i really am not sure)

1 garden eel

2 cleaner shrimps

2 fire shrimps

2 harlequin shrimps

2 red crabs

1 dwarf hermit

1 rose bubble tip anemone

First pic of the two perculas

post-69-1113198346.jpg

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Last one for now, full tank pic...again....still fighting the diatom bloom...just got me a black sea cuke (a rare find as it's less than 4 inches long..cute fella) hopefully he'll help out with the sand bed..

post-69-1113199615.jpg

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Thanks guys....now i'm just looking for a good specimen of a bright green frogspawn, to add more touch of green and motion to the tank.

Anyone's got any frags or leads? :peace:

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Thanks for the tip Nicholas...i hope it'll still be around next week as i'm off to KL for the weekend....

And thanks 11hamtaro, my prata was actually from Malaysia and when i moved down to singapore 2 months ago, i brought it down with me together with a few other corals in the tank, namely orange plate, which was a lil stressed and injured from the trip..plus a lil incident with my PH falling off the suction and completely burrying it, hasnt been doing very well. Come to think of it, i actually brought a lot of my corals down to singapore, the capnella, hammer (which is doing very well and been with me for 1.5 years), zoos and all the mushrooms, the bright red mushroom is my favorite....check out how bright it is.... :D

Other than that, i bought the gsp and white bubble from pasir ris and pink dendro from Iwarna, green bubble and gonipora from harlequin ;) Oh and that gorgeous rose anemone was bought in pasir ris as well....

I think that's about all....i just realised that may have been more information than your looking for....oops :paiseh:

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Hi,

Have always been interested in the garden eel.. Can you give me more information on how you keep it? What does it eat? Is it hard to feed? Does it always hide??

Haha, sorry about all the question, just haven't seen anyone keeping garden eel lately..

• SRC Member
Hi,

Have always been interested in the garden eel.. Can you give me more information on how you keep it? What does it eat? Is it hard to feed? Does it always hide??

Haha, sorry about all the question, just haven't seen anyone keeping garden eel lately..

interested in it also....

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the replies guys....first off, the garden eel...so far my experience with it has been good...they seem pretty low maintenance from my experience. I have yet to directly feed it and believe it feeds off the scraps and during my frozen brine shrimp feedings to my clowns, goby and shrimps. They do tend to bury themselves completely in the sand but come out fairly often poking their head out of the sand sometimes extending further looking around for food...pretty cute looking....not the most active fish but still pleasant to have in the tank.

Unfortunately, i don't have room for a hang on filter with my setup with the Prizm at the back....will have to figure out other alternatives to put in the Rowaphos. A FR is a consideration but i was trying to keep my setup simple since it's only a 2 feet.... :)

southpaw23's reef

• 3 weeks later...

i love tt prata of yours. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.