Fish Behavior

• SRC Member

another weird /frustrating fish behaviour......

after much consideration, finally bought a strawberry dottyback. :)

think for very long coz very worried what my triggers and angels will do to it. ;)

AND

all my triggers left it alone, all my angels left it alone, the tang left it alone :D

in short, all fishes bigger than it ignored it!

BUT

the stupid puny damsel chased (and i suspect still is) it relentlessly! :(:cry2::angry::angry:

now the dottyback MIA liao :(:(

stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid evil damsel :evil:

(but still love them)

• SRC Member
wats a dotty back? got pic?

Dear Gatecrasher...

Judging from the way you ask certain questions, I gather you must be a student with loads of inquisitive spirit blended with tonnes of 'dynamism'... :P

There were certain questions you asked which were beneficial for newbies but this question you have asked, could have easily been answered if you surf the net, so pls understand when people can get impatient at times when answering this genre of questions... Btw, they are not directing the criticisms at you but rather at the questions...You have to remember that this forum was set up voluntarily and that nobody is earning a salary in upkeeping this forum...Hope you would not be sensitive to think that I am against you or whatsoever...There's no way that I will hate you as it is not in my principle... :P

Here's some answers to your question though...Happy surfing...

http://www.saltcorner.com

http://www.coralreefnetwork.com

http://www.seafarm.com (Article about culturing rotifers)

http://www.marine-aquarium.co.uk/modules/W...Water%20Quality (Hope I got this right;About water parameters)

:lol:

• SRC Member

never go lfs and see what fish they sell ah??

anyway damsels??

put them out

then let the dotty back territories the main then put damsel back get whack by dottyback

haha

my damsels feed em' as live food to my arowana aready if found guilty of hurting other fish..

Don't piss me off..

Ms Flubberina! :wow:

Nope, you are wrong, Gatecrasher is an adult. Heh!

He's still a newbie but I think he is still trying to learn as much as possible... by asking a lot of questions.

Actually, he has to read up as much as he can before asking questions. Or use the Net more often as the answers are all there. ;)

• SRC Member
Ms Flubberina! :wow:

Nope, you are wrong, Gatecrasher is an adult. Heh!

He's still a newbie but I think he is still trying to learn as much as possible... by asking a lot of questions.

Actually, he has to read up as much as he can before asking questions. Or use the Net more often as the answers are all there. ;)

Hey...did the message come across that I am picking on him???

That wasn't my intention...If it did, Sorry...Gatecrasher... :peace:

You know my profession...I am just trying to analyse and 'study' and remediate...

Occupational hazard lah... :(

Hey...did the message come across that I am picking on him???

That wasn't my intention...If it did, Sorry...Gatecrasher... :peace:

You know my profession...I am just trying to analyse and 'study' and remediate...

Occupational hazard lah... :(

Ahahaha..ya lor...people ask 6 words..you reply with 1 whole paragraph... :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
never go lfs and see what fish they sell ah??

anyway damsels??

put them out

then let the dotty back territories the main then put damsel back get whack by dottyback

haha

my damsels feed em' as live food to my arowana aready if found guilty of hurting other fish..

Don't piss me off..

haha... i know this is an old thread but really wanna ask this qns...

i'm thinkin of taking out my dottyback instead... cos its terrorising my scooter blenny... then wait 2 weeks to put the dottyback back in... actually juz gonna house the dottyback in a 'betta splendens barrack' attached to the tank itself...

but the question is... HOW TO CATCH THE BUGGER? tried baiting cannot work.. wanna catch it while its sleeping.. the fella sleeps stuck between the power head and the glass... stun it with strong light while sleeping? what kind of light is strong enuf and not cause blindness... read in one of the threads of 'traps' but no descriptions..

can someone 'succesful' plz enlighten me.. thnx lotz...

• SRC Member

Yeah, think lots of pp are trying to catch unwanted or nuisane fish, including myself but no luck. If anyone expert, can make a living by helping to catch unwanted fish liaow.

With a net, I had spent half an hour trying to fish out a 3 strips damsel that terrorize any new fish including a YT, CB. However, he leave the bigger one alone, ie Regal Tang and a Naso Tang.