MP3 PLAYER

vtec3100

• SRC Member

Hi,

Tot of getting a MP3 Player.

Does anyone had any recommendation?

I need a MP3 Player with 512MB flash memory, able to receive FM radio, power by AAA size battery, small in size, good sound quality, ease of file/folder/playlist transfering and arranging.

Budget wise....anything will do, best below $300.

Anyone has got any good recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

How about Zen Micro

4Gig and got FM radio

Close to $300

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Reviews from my friends, Zen no using flash .. sort of a HDD so prone to shocks and stuff .... and battery life lower than advertised. Cos studying with them for the past week ..... he has to ditch his zen for hp radio cos no batt :P

but i not sure wat batts he using lah so .... <_<

• SRC Member

whats the diff btwn the v200 and the muvo tx fm from creative??? :unsure:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
Reviews from my friends, Zen no using flash .. sort of a HDD so prone to shocks and stuff .... and battery life lower than advertised. Cos studying with them for the past week ..... he has to ditch his zen for hp radio cos no batt :P

but i not sure wat batts he using lah so .... <_<

zen uses micro HDD... more prone to shocks than flash disk type mp3....

normal shock is ok... but takin it to jog is a no no....

n yes... its batt life is shorter than 8hrs (advertised)...

zen uses its home made litium ion batt... not inside bro vtec's requirements ;)

and there's no ease of folder arragement too... it's arranged by id3 tag ;)

• SRC Member

Hey vtec3100,

You should read my last thread about Ipod Shuffle. I finally decided on the Creative MuVo V200 ($199 for 512MB). I must say I am very happy with my buy. Good sound quality with the ease of having your custom EQ settings..

One important info about Creative MP3 Players (or most mp3 players for that matter) - They ONLY play your mp3 tracks according to alphabetical order. So you can't have a users defined track order..

However, I have found a software on the internet that solves my problem.. so I still vote for Creative MuVo V200! Good Buy.. Value for money :D

• SRC Member

Just went SLS for a walk to check out the MP3s.

Tested Muvo....sounds so-so only.

Ipod shuffle...no screen.

yet to try out the iRiver.

I find iAudio not bad..but abit pricy....512MB close to $400.

Anyone using iAudio?? any comment??

• SRC Member

Hi bro, I must add that you cannot really tell the quality of the mp3 player by just listening to it at the shop as there are alot of factors there that vary the quality.

For example, the quality of the audio (how many kbps), the original source of the audio, the quality of the earphones (which creative isn't very good at.), the outside noise disturbing you when you were testing it out, and of course, the most importantly, the EQ setting of the mp3 player.

After getting the best quality of audio, quiet surroundings, good headphones and my personal tuning of EQ, I must say that the quality of Creative MuVo V200 is good...

Well, I don't think it's a bias point of view as this mp3 player changed me from a ipod fan to a creative fan.. :lol:

Regards,

Marcus.