Disease Treatment

fish can prone to illness when they are stress.

its a matter of time for them to overcome this barrier.

some make it, some don't. try feeding them

garlic soaked food.

If spots are drastic, take them out to soak

in half freshwater + copper base medication.

dun overdose on the copper, its lethal to the fish.

monitor, after 20mins back put into the tank.

complement with garlic food to build immune system.

• SRC Member
Dear all,

I have the same problem too.

I just cycle my tank today. I was told by the shop owner to cycle my tank once a month 20%.

I tank parameter are:

KH 8

Salinity 1.019

PH 8

Please advise. Thank you.

hhmmm...... dont quite understand u when u said "cycle". cycle is not equal to 20% water change.

someone once told me that the longer the cycle, the better your chances that the fishes will survive. During cycle, u may want to take note of your NO2 and NO3. It will skyrocket high, and gradually decrease overtime. once NO2 = 0, that will be your chance to add a fish to test first. Of course, your proper filteration must be there.

anyway, i did mine for almost 3 months before i added my first 2 clown fishes.

so far, all fishes added in till now are happy and healthy.

hhmmm...... dont quite understand u when u said "cycle". cycle is not equal to 20% water change.

someone once told me that the longer the cycle, the better your chances that the fishes will survive. During cycle, u may want to take note of your NO2 and NO3. It will skyrocket high, and gradually decrease overtime. once NO2 = 0, that will be your chance to add a fish to test first. Of course, your proper filteration must be there.

anyway, i did mine for almost 3 months before i added my first 2 clown fishes.

so far, all fishes added in till now are happy and healthy.

I salute you SB! Not many people can stand even a week of staring into an empty aquarium!

I cycle when prawn meat dump in.

some LRs n bio-rings. then test water.

it depends on how fast your tank is cycle.

If ammonia, nitrite is zero, n nitrate low.

can add fish, but do it slow.

I just done another 3ft tank in 2weeks.

• SRC Member

thats fast...

i cycled my tank for 6mths with/out test kits! haha.. everything very sweet and easy after cycling, far lesser casulties than anyone.haha and never kanna cyanobacteria before! maybe this pays to be patient :D

anyway, my anthias kanna ich as u said. not very much little bit, is it alright to feed them with garlic soaked food? how to soak the garlic huh? just take the food out then soak them inside with the solution huh? source of ich, stress factor i guess. i put thte anthias into the tank with the lights on, so after a while they kanna liao! :(

• SRC Member

Seems like Ich is almost inevitable in tanks. Usually when fishes stressed espcially new fishes due to temp or pH chgs will dev ich. Just soak your fish food in garlicguard b4 feeding them lah. Prevention better than cure.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :