Any rifle cleaning tips / secrets / hints

SpiderOne

• SRC Member
;) dun let your section commander sees it...use WD40

yes, WD40 is the best. Spray abit into the barrel and bolt carrier area etc before firing. Not too much otherwise there will be a lot of WD40 fumes when you fire... :lol: After firing spray again, you'll find that you can clean off the carbon easily.

But do oil your weapon with rifle oil after cleaning, do not use WD40 as anti-rust, you'll regret :evil:

Always does this during reservist in-camp, who cares about commander :lol:

erm...i was an armourer when i was serving my time for the nation...pls pls pls dun use wd40... it accounts for 75% of champer explosion cases. though i admit it is very good for removing the residue carbon and almost everything else, but if u dun clean it off cleanly after removing the dirt and grime, it is very very flammable...and the "suay kia" who uses the same weapon next has a very high chance of having 1/2 of his face gone...in fact anyone caught using wd40 is actually liable to be charged with tampering with the weapon specs... so please dun risk yaself or anyone else for the matter...

if there is 1 thing i learnt as respect to removing carbon fast it is to oil ya chamber thickly with the supplied rifle oil before firing though when firing u'll have alot of smoke coming out, the oil actually acts as a lubricant and thus the carbon won't stick to the barrel hence easier cleaning after...try it but pls dun use wd 40...or any aerosol lubricant...

• SRC Member
erm...i was an armourer when i was serving my time for the nation...pls pls pls dun use wd40... it accounts for 75% of champer explosion cases. though i admit it is very good for removing the residue carbon and almost everything else, but if u dun clean it off cleanly after removing the dirt and grime, it is very very flammable...and the "suay kia" who uses the same weapon next has a very high chance of having 1/2 of his face gone...in fact anyone caught using wd40 is actually liable to be charged with tampering with the weapon specs... so please dun risk yaself or anyone else for the matter...

if there is 1 thing i learnt as respect to removing carbon fast it is to oil ya chamber thickly with the supplied rifle oil before firing though when firing u'll have alot of smoke coming out, the oil actually acts as a lubricant and thus the carbon won't stick to the barrel hence easier cleaning after...try it but pls dun use wd 40...or any aerosol lubricant...

interesting...actually I learnt to use WD40 when I was attending a course in ###### :ph34r:

agree with you that if it is not clean off properly, it may cause some problems. :P

:lol: there is also 1 thing i learnt as respect to removing carbon fast, oiling the chamber thickly with the supplied rifle oil before firing, will not work :lol:

I still remember those days when me and my peers spent many sleepless nights struggling with the weapons and yet still failed by the armourers :lol::lol:

But nowadays during my NS in-camps, notice that weapons maintenance and inspection has been taken over by technicians from Singapore Technologies. As a result, weapons are of better quality(lesser IAs) and cleaniness standard required by the ST armourers are more reasonable ;)

Privatisation is good, credit must be given to our army for the improvement :lol:

i see ppl clean till 2am omg man . is there any short cut ? like any super solvent to dissolve carbon i can soak my rifle in or what

the short cut is to tell your SC or PC to wake up thier idea. :idea: .

there is no way to clean 100%. unless they cannot sleep and purposely let you clean till late. ( i was a SC, i know all this bull shit. :lol: )

• SRC Member

Try not to use WD40 as it will damage the inner wall of the barrel and thus causing mishappen. Even though the cutting effect of WD40 is min. but who knows what the previous fella whom use this weapon did to it. Also, it benefits the next person whom use your weapon. If you really wants to fast clean your weapon barrel use the local made product call "Mr. McKenic" 9-in-1 Technology Oil. This product is Alchol base so lesser damage to the barrel but it dries up damn fast when exposes to air. I use these on my MTB chain.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

how abt autosol? Hvused both wd40 & autosol b4 n i find both very gd. Since there are so many warnings abt wd40, anyone has tried autosol n find any side effects?

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

never in my life in Army did we(platoon) clean til 100% spotless. almost impossible to achieved. Just let the commanders scream and tekun loh.., until they boring already they will ask us to send arms.

Do so good also useless cos if they can't sleep they will use "show parade" "stand by bed" to play with you. 100% spotless barrel is just one of thier methods.

But all this shit is to toughened us to face bigger shit in future working life.

when you are at the near end of your reservists cycle, they dun even wan you to draw the arms out. :D

at most ask you hold a broom to sweep the "mini store" v..e..r..y.. slowly for 3 hrs til lunch time.

• SRC Member

If u wanna try, got tips from old bird reservist (my bro)...

Use kao magic clean. ... spray spray and then wipe wipe .... finally old lightly using SAF stuff. Viola !!! u will have clean rifle :D

btw, i dont clean rifles cos i in navy .. hahahaha <_<