Review on seachem denitrate

steven

• SRC Member

I am using the matrix now. have read about both matrix and denitrator before purchasing them. They are the same except you choose the appropriate type based on your flowrate. They seems to talk about this all over the label.

Just started to use for a month and can't see the result for now cos those anerobic bac takes ages to multiple enough to be effective.

Change alot of water before using.

• SRC Member

hotlemond,

where do u place the denitrator ? i intended to put it in the sump. 2rd compartment where my DSB is. any comments ?

Vili_Shark,

how does it work for u ? where do u place it ? did yr nitrates drop significantly ?

thanks for all the advice...

• SRC Member

i bought the seachem denitrate and place it on top of my sump DSB. although the specs says that the flow rate cannot exceed 200 litres per hour but how do i know the flow rate ? anyway i think my sump flow rate definitely exceed 200 litres per hour. what should i do besides getting a FR ?

Thought of digging a hole in the DSB to put the seachem denitrate. any comments ?

My return pump is 3500 litres per hour.

My sump consists of 3 compartment. first is the compartment for wool and coral chips. second for DSB. third for return pump and skimmer.

pls help . :thanks:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

hee i use back the bottle it comes with ;) no need get plastic cover hee

just cut a few slits a long to let water flow can liao hee

we have to be environmental friendly ... so next time fishes and corals cheaper ;)

• 4 years later...