Behaviour of your Sun Coral

chrisyew

• SRC Member

I wonder most of you the sun coral open up around what time of the day?

I usually feed mine at around 7pm. Sometimes I target feed and sometimes not - both with cyclopeez. After feeding, it will start to open up and that should be normal. Even when my lights go off at 10pm, it will still opened up till early morning around 6.30am. Usually when the lights are off, it opened up more than when lights are on.

What about you guys?

Here is mine;

Sun%20Coral%203.jpg

Sun%20Coral%204.jpg

After the first few dose of feeds;

Sun%20Coral%202.jpg

When I first bought it;

Coral%201.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi MWang,

Yes, I used the tank water and mixed the cyclopeez (once a week will be frozen mysis shrimp) in it. Then used the syringe and tube to target feed it. Once a week I don't target feed but juz pour it in the water and yet it still feed.

Hi Flying Carpet,

Will try that before I sleep and see how big it goes.

Thanks bros.

;)

I spray a bit of cyclopeez about 1 hour before I feed them over my colony. It helps them to open up more first. Even my drak green one open up like magic five minutes after I sprayed. I usually feed them with mysis.

• SRC Member

Beautiful! Good work to all bro and sis.

BTW, have anyone here ever notice that after a reasonably long time (a few months or more) that the sun corals colour seems to be lighter in colour? I know this sympton could highly due to the diet we fed them. Juz curious whether the rest of you notice such thing or not.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm