Best location for cafe.

rockfish

Where do u think is the best location for Marine theme cafe?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Where do u think is the best location for Marine theme cafe?

• Jalan kayu
    • Siglap
    • Upp Thomson
    • Serangoon Garden
    • Bukit timah
    • Holland Village
    • Pasir ris park
    • Others(Pls indicate in ur post thx!)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro rockfish,

Theres one cafe in Holland V which have also marine concept..just saw it yesterday , very nice, dim lights too, 3-4 tanks if i am not wrong.

no .. me and my partner can cook pretty well .. so we'll be doing the cooking in the beginning ..

Dont forget the cakes.! :P

• SRC Member
Our of you list, Serangoon Garden seems potential enough. There are only 2 cafe there now, Coffee Bean and Brown box and the crowd there are definitely dinner and supper.

:lol:

JC

yah .. thats is so far the next prefered location.

wanna meet up tomorrow nite for coffee there and discuss?

• SRC Member
bro rockfish,

Theres one cafe in Holland V which have also marine concept..just saw it yesterday , very nice, dim lights too, 3-4 tanks if i am not wrong.

Dont forget the cakes.! :P

i noe that place .. but their pricing very ex rite..?

yah .. cakes .. definately must have..

but my cakes are so so only .. and it take too much time to make them .. will find a suppier with high quality cakes ..

• SRC Member
Jalan Kayu... good crowd at night and till now no cafe with air-condition... :P

hehe agree with him, jalan kayu good place :D

open beside aquamarine ? :lol: u no need to worry about stocking up your tank.

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

Haha.. when i put Jalan Kayu .. i was thinking of the shop beside aquamarine..!!

:lol:

well .. still trying to find out who the owner is .. wanna ask if they wanna rent out ..

But have other consideration also .. like.. competition with the cheap coffee and tea from prata shops .. and renovation cost ..

• SRC Member

for my personal experience if u can setup a evening cafe all the way to next day morning will be good ...

Location Wise i would say bugis.. cant really find food at 4am in the morning there except 7-11..

of course there is a risk maybe timing will be from 5pm - 4am in morning

3am is when all the hungry clubbers come out for food

• SRC Member

Ya!! Then you can get lots of discounts from them... haha.., but you also must give them discount lah...

• SRC Member

think Jln Kayu would be ideal as there r only one rest there..... and t is called Jerry Rest, quite X too. But people still go eat there. Think the only reason is that Jerry is the only rest, thats y !!!

Anway, if u have been there at night at the prata shop, u would have see a big crowd. Potenial area. Somemore a carpark has just opened up.

Nearby the Jln Kayu area, maybe in a few years time, the vacant land would be opened up for commercial purposes.

For me ..... I'm a resident nearby. Hope a little info helps.... :D

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Ya!! Then you can get lots of discounts from them... haha.., but you also must give them discount lah...

haha .. Dun have to worry about discount from them .. haha..

I'm already getting very good discounts from them .. one of the best discounts janet is giving..i think..

she even pledge to order her daily supply of caffine from me if i set up there .. haha :lol:

• SRC Member
think Jln Kayu would be ideal as there r only one rest there..... and t is called Jerry Rest, quite X too. But people still go eat there. Think the only reason is that Jerry is the only rest, thats y !!!

Anway, if u have been there at night at the prata shop, u would have see a big crowd. Potenial area. Somemore a carpark has just opened up.

Nearby the Jln Kayu area, maybe in a few years time, the vacant land would be opened up for commercial purposes.

For me ..... I'm a resident nearby. Hope a little info helps.... :D

yah .. i noe that shop jerry's grill .. i live very near there too .. so wat does the residents there think of a cafe setting up there .. ?

other ppls living ard that area .. ?? ..

and i have information that the whole stretch of shops in jalan kayu will be develope into F&B business .. soon .. currently .. URA is controlling the license issued to the shop in that area. most for F&B only ..

i noe that place .. but their pricing very ex rite..?

yah .. cakes .. definately must have..

but my cakes are so so only .. and it take too much time to make them .. will find a suppier with high quality cakes ..

yeap.. :D very very ex....i love the atmosphere eating there ,but food, er,haha,soso.

cakes? heh, get frrom my mum, hahahahham jk.....hope its smthing like secret recipie cakes..Yum,YUm,soon, i will hunt for yr cafe ..haha..

bro, i wld consider jalan kayu a very good area since its the meeting place for everyone. Its near pasir ris, for those who go to the farms there and its also near yio chu kang for the north-siders. at the same time, its also accessible for those in sengkang. I heard of dog cafes, pet cafes bvut not a marine one. its a fresh idea. . and worth considering. . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

might as well set up chains right? cater to all of you. . then no complaints liao. . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
might as well set up chains right? cater to all of you. . then no complaints liao. . :D

if that can be done... i dun mind.. then different cafe can have different theme say tis cafe is Fish only . then that cafe for SPS lovers.. Hmmm for me... LR can liao.. Just loves staring at the LR :P

cheers :D

• SRC Member
rockfish Posted on May 14 2005, 01:41 AM

yah .. i noe that shop jerry's grill .. i live very near there too .. so wat does the residents there think of a cafe setting up there .. ?

other ppls living ard that area .. ?? ..

and i have information that the whole stretch of shops in jalan kayu will be develope into F&B business .. soon .. currently .. URA is controlling the license issued to the shop in that area. most for F&B only ..

basically i think Jln Kayu is already a famous food area, especially when clubbers, taxi drivers and night owls go for makan after midnight. Big crowd at anytime.

If can established at an earlier ground there, will helps to boost as a old name at that area too. Besides these, there are also lots of private housing there, meaning more spending power too. :D

Personally spoken to a URA staff, revealed that Jln Kayu would be developed into commercial area. My uncle lives near the prata shop. Told me that URA did notified them of future development that may required some physical land change.

For me, I like to hang out with friends at Cafe area for nice food, coffee, etc

Just my thoughts.... :whistle

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

your cafe will start off with regulars who are reefers. may I suggest near Pasir Ris, maybe at the central or Tempines Central.

Scenario:

There are so many marine LFS there, reefers meet up at your cafe, some to take a cab to there together, some car pool.

Then there are reefers that would enjoy a nice cold beer or a aromatic coffee after the hot sun at the LFS, while some that didnt get any LS would gather at your cafe and chat fish/coral stuff.

just my opinion la eh...

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input so far!!

The location has more or less been decided!

Lets have a few more polls before i wrap it up on 23/05/05 at 23:59. :lol:

Then i'll reveal the location selected...

And of course.. when my cafe opens.. i'll deliver wat i promised.. ;)

:yeah: