AT's tank... resurrected....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the monti caps look good. . not forgetting the full fledged sps. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Here's my tank after so long... resurrected and rescaped.... bare bottom for a few months already! :)

Went for the 'pinnacles' look as I have more depth to play now...

Added in a Tunze wavebox and now have 4 Tunze streams as well.

Coral colours not so great... had probs with my CR clogging a few weeks ago when I was out of town for a week and recently my CO2 canister is out of gas... work & other priorities is taking so much time from my tank!

Not much pix for now as I'm going to be busy for Aquarama 05! :D

I miss my old tank's look... :(

Beautiful tank you have there AT. Where's the wavebox you added? You can't see it in the picture! Or you just did a fantastic job of hiding it :) A question though: Shouldn't the wavebox be out 'in the open'? Doesn't hiding it behind rocks etc impede its flow?

Yeah, it was a 'formal' invite... hahaha!! ;)

No lah, actually we all attended the opening ceremony of Aquarama and he stayed in his suit the whole day inspite of home & lfs visits!

Sabella,

No no, nothing much.... as long as I know what the pros and cons are of DSB vs BB. I have much much stronger water flow now and coupled with my big skimmer and more regular water changes, it's in line with keeping my SPS tank nutrient-free and maximizing water flow. No more sandbed for flatworms to hide in! ;)

Akirasan,

My wavebox is at the left side of my tank against the back wall. The whole back side is clear all the way back for optimum water flow and I have a Tunze 6080 blasting through down the length of my tank.... my existing PVC rack structure holds up all rock at the back. It's also something something Anthony approves of (FYI, he actually commented that the marine tanks he and the other overseas judge both deducted points for rocks leaning against the glass because in the long term they diminish water flow and cause nutrient buildup over time).

Unfortunately, because the wavebox needs space to work optimally, I can't use up all the space on the left side.

Copperband,

I suck off detritus off my tank's bottom with a hose.

• SRC Member
Sabella,

No no, nothing much.... as long as I know what the pros and cons are of DSB vs BB. I have much much stronger water flow now and coupled with my big skimmer and more regular water changes, it's in line with keeping my SPS tank nutrient-free and maximizing water flow. No more sandbed for flatworms to hide in! ;)

Akirasan,

My wavebox is at the left side of my tank against the back wall. The whole back side is clear all the way back for optimum water flow and I have a Tunze 6080 blasting through down the length of my tank.... my existing PVC rack structure holds up all rock at the back. It's also something something Anthony approves of (FYI, he actually commented that the marine tanks he and the other overseas judge both deducted points for rocks leaning against the glass because in the long term they diminish water flow and cause nutrient buildup over time).

Unfortunately, because the wavebox needs space to work optimally, I can't use up all the space on the left side.

Copperband,

I suck off detritus off my tank's bottom with a hose.

Its a beautiful tank but I still prefer your old tank.................feels more deep.

Eric

post-34-1117213568.jpg

Nope, I think my bottom glass is about 15mm and is tempered, so its extra hard. I doubt if any calcareous liverock would cause so much as a scratch even if dropped from a height underwater.