LFS @ fuNmArt

B|uEc@rpEt

Hey guys...

WOnder if u all koe this...?

I went to the LFS @ funmart last weekend...mine i was so shocked that they actually charged me $0.50 per entry!:o

well...silly me paid it and went in and to my big disappointment...the stuff they sold there were (pardon moi) crap man!

Sold stuff like common button polyps, torch, hammer etc. Yawn yawn...:rolleyes:

Stock level was low too! If the quality n variety of live stock rendered the $0.50 then I think Coral farm can certainly charge $25 per entry while pacmarine will be deemed reasonable for an entry charge of $35.

I most certainly will nvr go there again...i might as well charge myself $0.50 each time i view my tank which is so much better than....argh nvm :P

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member
Hey guys...

WOnder if u all koe this...?

I went to the LFS @ funmart last weekend...mine i was so shocked that they actually charged me $0.50 per entry!:o

well...silly me paid it and went in and to my big disappointment...the stuff they sold there were (pardon moi) crap man!

Sold stuff like common button polyps, torch, hammer etc. Yawn yawn...:rolleyes:

Stock level was low too! If the quality n variety of live stock rendered the $0.50 then I think Coral farm can certainly charge $25 per entry while pacmarine will be deemed reasonable for an entry charge of $35.

I most certainly will nvr go there again...i might as well charge myself $0.50 each time i view my tank which is so much better than....argh nvm :P

A way to see whether the LFS is good is just to look at their display tanks. Farmart had a yellowish tiny display tank with a dying sun coral in it when I last saw a while ago.

• SRC Member

50 cents entry........ so they just expect u to browse around like underwaterworld or are they trying to do business or a one booth aquarama?

i wonder? hmmmmmm .:lol:

u know how much NTUC/courts/best/harvey norman would earn from a revolutionary marketing strategy like this??

• SRC Member

If this place is at Chua Chu Kang, then the $0.50 is actually for the transport that you take from Chu Chu Kang MRT. This is only a one way fare, on returning from Farmmart, if you need to take their transport, it will be any $0.50. This $0.50 will be rebate back if you purchase $5 or more at some of the store. So if you did not buy anything and you take their transport to and fro, you are actually paying $1 to see the fish. If you are going there on your own, I don't think they will charge you. I have been there like 1 month back. Anyway this place is not a must to go, skip it even if you have free time :D

• SRC Member

the marine shop at farmart do collect their 50cents entry fee, its stated on the glass door

as for the 50cents transport, you only need to pay when you return to CCK interchange. I never paid them when I board their bus to farmart

my suggestion is that you call them before you go down, find out what they have and decide whether the 50cents is worth or not.

<_<

Hi CT...

I went there by car. Barracuda is rite....the $0.50 charged was stated on the glass door. AT, yup...its the one wif the cute billy goats, fowls, organic veg, FW fishes and a couple of pe shops selling dogs. :)

Nice idea Limpc B)

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member
wow, I don't know what to say!!!! Got free time also must think a few more time. I really regretted the other time when I was there, that is free then, now have to pay...

You won't miss much..there are better marine LFS and farms with better variety and pricing than this one. Just imagine, charging for entry when it is basically doing a retail business.

Just how "low" can they go to make $?!!

50 cents doesn't make any difference to a lot of people here, it is just the etiquette. I wouldn't want to support any business that runs on this modus operandi.

• SRC Member

Marine LF at Farm mart actually advertise in paper last week or so. Looks like it is to attract parents and kids due to the coming school holiday as they mentioned about touch pools, sharks etc. So maybe tat is why

they charge $0.50 per entry (to cover their advertising cost...... :angry:)

$0.50 is not alot but not worth at this place <_<