Tetra Test N03

loster

• SRC Member

hihi,

does anyone have the exprience like no matter what you do (water change, less feeding etc) your N03 from tetra test kit always show you at the high reading.

even when i tried using A-Z N03, the test kit never gives me zero reading.

advise please :)

age.png

• SRC Member

try testing tap water or distilled water. reading shd be zero with tetratest no3, else ur test kit could possibly be defective. :)

drop in no3 is very gradual.

even with a 50% water change, u may not be able to half the no3 level. :look:

• SRC Member
hihi,

does anyone have the exprience like no matter what you do (water change, less feeding etc) your N03 from tetra test kit always show you at the high reading.

even when i tried using A-Z N03, the test kit never gives me zero reading.

advise please :)

Loster, u should read the instructions at the back of the box. U will need to divide the measured results with a number(which i forgot already), so that the reading is at ppm state.

• SRC Member
don't use tetra test kit... useless....salifert more reliable better.

err...u shld not sae that a product is useless...although it is not accurate..it can be serve as a guide...if the product is useless...no LFS will even sell it for goodness sake..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

good idea :yeah: i will test it on the distilled water to confirm the reading. my tap water read 25mg/l but my P04 has no "colour" :lol:

ya. i know. i got to divide it by 4.4 :) but...no matter how i use the kit to measure tank water, the colour always show me 25mg/l <_<

ya i am using this test kit as a guide. higher reading better than the lower reading :P

i will use this kit to measure the distilled water and post the result tmr :)

age.png

• SRC Member

i did a test on my tap water supply with salifert no3 and it reads sth between 5-10ppm.

i used to do water changes, at first, it did help with the no3 which fell to 30ppm, but the moment i skip once or twice water change....the no3 shoots bak up to 50ppm :lol:

after awhile, i decided to curb with the problem by reducing feeding, keeping less fishes or fishes that require less food and getting a better skimmer

then now the no3 is controlled at 30ppm....

perhaps u could look into feeding less? and i would really suggest using salifert and not tetra... B)

• SRC Member

thanx for your sharing :)

me feed 2-3x per week, weekly water change (5-10%), good powerful needlewheel skimmer and still got a hight reading of N03 when using tetra :lol:

will use the tetra to test on distilled water on confirm it accuracy ;)

age.png

• SRC Member
I used Tetra NO3 testkit & the readings were always very high. Upon the recommendation of a LFS, I purchased Red Sea one, which provides a more accurate reading in ppm...

did u compare the results of the red sea vs the tetra test kits ?

if so, what did u conclude from it ?