Batman Begins! SOLID!!!

LOL.... everyone in that pix are my friends... certified true blue males... just crazy movie maniacs that's all! ;)

I'm just happier that I have a hobby that is a nice beautiful fixture at home and not one that I have to put on to show off (to people who may not comprehend why) and then to store away in a cupboard. :P

One suit like that is not cheap.. US$2000?

• SRC Member
So what are your comments about the show? :)

I have not catch yet... but curious to know if batman's costume got nipple or not in Batman Begins...

I remember Part I by Michael Keaton has no nipples, then Part II by Val Kilmer was a big sensation and it came out on the newspaper because of the nipple thingy... hahaha... :P:P

Didn't get to take a pic with Batman so I took with this joker instead.... <_<

post-11-1119086492.jpg

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

I think that's supposed to be The Penguin? ;)

Yah it is...

his hair stinks though :lol:

Check out the mashi maro umbrella :sick:

• SRC Member

I have not catch yet... but curious to know if batman's costume got nipple or not in Batman Begins...

I remember Part I by Michael Keaton has no nipples, then Part II by Val Kilmer was a big sensation and it came out on the newspaper because of the nipple thingy... hahaha... :P:P

nipple fetish, my monkee brudder????

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

I caught Batman Begins last Friday.

To cut a long story short.. very good!!!! IMHO its even better than Tim Burton's Batman (Batman, Batman Returns).

I think it's more true to the Dark knight series than the campy Joel Shoemaker (sorry lah, dun know how to spell it in German) batman....

Cheers! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i liked the film! Though it's rather late, here is my take:

After a clutch of pungent Batman remakes, Warner Brothers finally have a winner in Batman Begins. For years, fans like me have been waiting for the Dark Knight to take on the Scarecrow on the silver screen. Now, we don't just get him, but R'as al-Ghul (the Immortal) as well.

This film basically anchors the whole mythology to a coherent point, detailing the years in which Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world, punishing and training himself. Previous films barely scraped the surface of Batman's origins, though the wonderfully-crafted Animated Series did a splendid job.

In Batman Begins, the Batman isn't simply the caped crusader, full of cheesy one-liners. Batman grunts, and when he comes face-to-face with criminals, he spits and he roars. This is the terrifying Batman of the comics- a vampire preying on evil-doers. Criminals fear him, and for good reason.

Naturally I was excited, and the film is like a dream come true. Like any movie, it has its little annoyances- the transition between story blocks can be too abrupt, especially in the beginning. The fighting scences are too quick, as if the camera work is making up for bad footwork. The manner in which the Scarecrow exits the film is particularly nettlesome. Where the hell did he go after being tazered [of all things!]? And the Batmobile looks like something that belongs in Gulf War II. But these flaws should not detract from the solid acting and Batman's stunning entrance into any crime scene.

The film chronicles Bruce Wayne's traumatic childhood, including the murder of his parents by a petty thief named Joe Chill. Stricken with guilt, Bruce leaves Gotham City in a worldwide quest to hone his skills and understand the criminal psyche. Finally imprisoned in a Tibetan jail, he is found by Henri Ducard (Liam Neeson) and brought to a covert terroristic vigilante organization called The League of Shadows. Its sinseh is R'as al-Ghul (Ken Watanabe), a merciless indivdual who takes justice to the extremes. In R'as al-Ghul's chateau, Bruce learns how to use various martial styles to deadly effect. When the final test for initiation arrives, to execute a murderer, Bruce refuses- I will not be an executioner, he says stoically- and ends up battling an enraged R'as al-Ghul.

Returning to Gotham City, Wayne finds it in the grips of a malevolent crime boss named Falcone (Tom Wilkinson). The mob has infiltrated nearly every level of goverment, but there are idealists who dare to stand up to Falcone. One of them is Bruce's old childhood friend Rachel Dawes (Kate Hudson). WayneCorp, Wayne's business recently-neglected empire, is run by a corporate shark named Richard Earle (Rutger Hauer). Alfred (Michael Caine), the butler, calmness personified, still works for Bruce at Wayne Manor. A psychologist named Jonathan Crane (Cillian Murphy) becomes The Scarecrow, dressing up in a scarecrow's mask and terrorizing the inmates of his Arkham Asylum with a hallucinogenic gas that makes their worst fears come to life. He conspires with the League of Shadows to destroy Gotham City by poisioning its water supply and having everyone go dotty and tear each others' throats out.

With the help of Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), a man who heads WayneCorp's department of Applied Sciences, Batman's suit, utility belt and Batmobile are born, and Bruce fights crime by night while pretending to be a snotty playboy at other times. He needs the help of one of Gotham City's remaning good cop James Gordon (Gary Oldman, acting out of character). As the mythos goes, James Gordon is the future Comminsioner Gordon, whose daughter is destined to be the thoroughly forgettable Batgirl.

This film boasts a new, bat-styled martial arts, and awesome car chases that literally pound through road barricades and roofs. The police are typical Hollywood morons who get in each other's way. The Scarecrow might be scrawny and smooth-cheeked, but with his crafty use of drugs, manages to overcome the Batman in their first encounter. Batman Begins even offers a thoroughly plausible explanation for the way down into the Bat Cave from Wayne Manor.

Christian Bale already won my admiration in the unacclaimed but brilliant Equilibrium. As Batman, he rocks. He does the voice right, the brooding posture right, and he is the first person to make Batman more interesting than his enemies. The whole endeavor smacks of a superhero classic, following the tradition of Sam Raimi's Spider-man, in which plot and acting are not sacrificed for special-effects.

Without doubt, this is the best Batman film ever made. It's hard to see anyone else filling the Batman's shoes. The film's ending, especially, seals its epic destiny.

To Gordon's flustered and uneasy "I never thanked you", the Batman replies: "You never have to."

You can't go wrong with a line like that.

Hope this encourages more people to go watch this masterpiece.