My lionfish

I am keeping a Volitan lionfish... and here's my Lionel... ;)

I am feeding him live adult brine shrimp and fw baby catfish... once I wean him off livefoods.... he'll be eating prawns and fishmeat soon!

AT

post-8-1036950649.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very beautiful lion-fishes u all got there....

AT...yours is the coolest....cos it shares the same name as me! :lol:

Now give me ya real name & I m gonna name my skunk shrimp after u!! :lol:

Juz kiDDin

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

Yeah he's in my overflow compartment temporarily. It's big enough for a few small lions actually... since its so big.

;)

It's dim, which they like... and water flow is very light and they don't move much.

I used fibreglass netting to screen my durso pipes just in case they get too close.

Once I partition up my refugium, they'll go there.

We'll see!

• SRC Member

hey what's the nicest lion fish i can get in singapore? budget around $10.

i just started another 2 feet tank, thinking of keeping lion fish, what can i keep with him?

can i keep 2 lionfish in a tank? seems like a lot of people here usually keep one but i see fish farm can keep a few together. maybe you all got some other reason for keeping 1 in a tank only

can keep lobster with lion fish?

You guys should read up a bit more about lionfishes before buying them!

:lol:

Feeding cleaner shrimps to them is gonna an expensive exercise!

Even putting different species of lions together...

Luckily for you... in the latest edition of Reefkeeping.. there's a whole lot of articles on lionfishes..... soak it all up!

Reefkeeping November Issue

• SRC Member

AT, that is the largest species of lionfish family.. and i saw one that is over a foot in sydney aquarium..

from what i know.. lionfishes can keep together.. and different species as well.. they can co-exist.. but i dun know what the article from the reefkeeping says coz i have yet to read it..

bran,

that is a real beauty.. in fact to me, that is the second more beautiful lionfish after the Fumanchu lion while volantile is more graceful when swiming... but IMO, antenna is also the most delicate of all... i have tried keeping both AT and your species.. and seems that antenna lion require higher water parameters...

AT, i dun really recommend feeding them with baby catfishes.. coz of the spines of the catfishes.. can injure your lionfish.. ok.. i wun recommend u baby clowns... but it is definitely cheaper than cleaners.. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

kel, its ok cause i linked 2x 2ft together just holding the lion & a clown.

Hopefully only till i upgrade & then it can have a 4ft to itself.

but as phang says , the radiata is a beau- chk it out in the issue. drool drool!. Mind u those dwarf ones are kinda nice in a weird way.

i stick to feeder shrimps- maybe only 1 or 2 a day so a $2 pack last abt 2 weeks. i feed shrimps tetra bits & bits of nori. My SH eats feeders so its a shared food source.

anymore with lions to share?

• SRC Member

My lion fish. :lol:

post-8-1037067000.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Hmmm, Tanzy, You sure good at finding new species....

mind if you state the requirements needed to keep the above mentioned species.....?????

BB, the dwarfs are readily available in few LFS... try reborn.. they do bring in often... sometimes as small as 1.5 inches.....price roughly around $5..

• SRC Member

Huh.... They don't have stock now.... jus went down yeaterday with Brandon...... <_<

But check next shipment....

BTW, Dwarf Lionfishes are still lionfishes....they still eat as usual and when they meant dwarf simply means that they are smaller than the normal ones in size... but mouth capacity ..........

• SRC Member

oh no AT, all in diff tnks- got 2nos 3tier stands in the storeroom holding 6nos 2ft tnks- this is where i reuse old tank water-before throwing away or re-reused for hatching/keeping brineshrimp.

still in the midst of linking all up together into one volume. a single 2ft i find water becomes unstable very fast.

The lion is in one, the tuskfish is in another & the s.horses are on their own(cause my hand has to go in often to clean up so i dun want to become target practice for the spiky).