HSBC Credit Catrd

RAV-65

Anyone of HSBC credit card? Coz my Boss has a Credit Card with HSBC which is a classic card and out of the blue, they sent him a pre-approved Platinum Card...

We're wondering if that's part of their strategy to have more Platinum cardholders? Coz currently UOB has the most number of Platinum cardholders...

Also like to find out if they're simply sending the Platinum cards to alot people, which actually devalues the "status" of a HSBC Platinum card...

Anyone got experience to share?

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

If you drop by any HSBC branch, you will be able to get the application form.

The requirement is only $48,000 per annum. It is the same as any gold card. So...it is as worthless as the Gold card.

Standard Charter is another company that degrade the Platinum status.

I think American Express and Citibank's platinum are the only ones worth having.

Har? only $48,000 ah? Just found out another one of my customers got it too... seems like it's really pretty useless to have the Platinum by HSBC...

As for the Standard Chartered, I know long ago they issue Gold cards for only $30,000...

I do agree the American Express Platinum is really a tough one to get... :whistle

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

There is a severe de-valuation of the so-called platinum cards. They offer no additional service, and merely appeal to the vanity of the holder. . . but then since so many other people have them, that too is meaningless. They still put you on hold for what seems like hours when you phone them with problems.

Some platinum cards offer great service, and charge a hefty annual fees for it. Like AMEX, they have great hotel deals and their personal assistants can get you last minute plane tickets that might not be obtainable.

There is a severe de-valuation of the so-called platinum cards. They offer no additional service, and merely appeal to the vanity of the holder. . . but then since so many other people have them, that too is meaningless. They still put you on hold for what seems like hours when you phone them with problems.

Some platinum cards offer great service, and charge a hefty annual fees for it. Like AMEX, they have great hotel deals and their personal assistants can get you last minute plane tickets that might not be obtainable.

Actually bro,

from wat I know, Platinum cards do offer better services as opposed to Golden cards... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Without realising, the banks are de-valuating us with all the cards they giving us. Are we so poor that we have to buy things on credit? Don't you all realise that you are working hard everyday, contributing part or may almost all your hard earn salary for the survival of these banks? BE DEBT FREE. PAY CASH!!!!

Holding a platinum, gold card doesnt make you a rich man. Rich people dont flash their cards, they flash their money. BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF.

I hold 2 credit cards, one for use and the other for backup when I on business travel. Its ok to own credit card. For me, whenever I really need to use it for payment, I will keep the amount of money I sign for aside. So every month I pay them cash, plus I get to accumulate points.

DON'T WORK FOR THE BANKS, BUT LET THE BANKS WORK FOR YOU.

My humble opinion.

• SRC Member

This is the Credit Card war that has been going on for few years.

The market was so saturated that they have to downgrade the Card status to gain more customer base.

Most people has Gold Cards but now with the same income you can own these Platinum cards, thus lots people are tempted to move from 1 bank to another to apply for Platinum card.

UOB Platinum minimum Income is 70K

Amex has 2 type.

The Credit Card = 48K / 50K

The Charge Card Platinum super high, I think 100K and above.

DBS Platinum = 48K

Citibank still hold their status high.

If you are aware that most bank engage 3rd party company to pull customers for them. Usually those road show to apply credit card are by other companies.

They just earn comission per application.

There are lots of benefit for Platinum card compare to Gold card but you pay higher subcription fees.

One of the benefit that i always use is to play golf in Spore at a very very affordable price. Practically we do not need to buy club membership anymore.

;)

• SRC Member
Without realising, the banks are de-valuating us with all the cards they giving us. Are we so poor that we have to buy things on credit? Don't you all realise that you are working hard everyday, contributing part or may almost all your hard earn salary for the survival of these banks? BE DEBT FREE. PAY CASH!!!!

Holding a platinum, gold card doesnt make you a rich man. Rich people dont flash their cards, they flash their money. BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF.

I hold 2 credit cards, one for use and the other for backup when I on business travel. Its ok to own credit card. For me, whenever I really need to use it for payment, I will keep the amount of money I sign for aside. So every month I pay them cash, plus I get to accumulate points.

DON'T WORK FOR THE BANKS, BUT LET THE BANKS WORK FOR YOU.

My humble opinion.

ya..., cash is king.

there are alot of ppl now being held with credit cards debt. If you think paying the minimun amount can eventually clear them, you will need yearssss.......,

and you will pay up more than double the principle amount.

• SRC Member
Har? only $48,000 ah? Just found out another one of my customers got it too... seems like it's really pretty useless to have the Platinum by HSBC...

As for the Standard Chartered, I know long ago they issue Gold cards for only $30,000...

I do agree the American Express Platinum is really a tough one to get... :whistle

American Express Platinum only need S$50K PA

The really prestigous card will not be advertised in the papers or the net.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

price of membership is much higher.

few hundred bucks a year, I can buy so much more.

I was offered by Amex, but reject, doubt i can spent so much, and their reward system need to subscribe also. Been their customer for number of years liao.

most sux of all, the rest of the credit card companies don't charge for members to belong to their reward system.

One other card I request for waiver after much salivia, not sure next year they will allow waiver again.

I have few other classic cards, which is cheap and good enuff for me.

One year is I think about $30+?? Give me one free supplementary card. I apply another from another bank, got another free sup card.

Pass one each to my parents and wife.

Recently my fren was offered a black dbs amex card too.

If your credit rating is good, and in pretty good books of the bank,

once awhile they will call you for some good offers or promotion.

Read the few posts, but from wat I'm aware, DBS Platinum is $120K right? And Amex also not $50K so low bah? <_<

I'm in the sales line, and having "it" is crucial as whenever I gotta give clients a treat, I get the chance to show them that I'm "successful" and not just mediocre, dat is to allow them to build their confidence in me... How many people would wanna deal with people whom you're not confident if they can make it? :)

Of course, ultimately cash is king... but I still enjoy accumulating my points when paying with my credit cards during purchases as I get perks and also I dun have to call them to threaten to cancel the card unless they give me a waiver at the end of the year... :upsidedown::D :D :D

I remember the day when I got my first Gold card that I told myself to keep my feet on the ground and be humble, coz there are tons of people with more money than me around...

I once dealt with a young lady who's 31 years old who pack lunch to office few times a week and also dressed up very simply with no make-up, but she had close to $200K in savings in cash, now, how many people can beat dat?

:peace:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

If a person pays cash, its a big sign that he is a confident and successful person.....and girls will fall for you too. Be confident in yourself......no need all those LV, Prata or Platinum card. Be cool stand proud and have a nice smile.

• SRC Member

There are quite a few Mac users around here :P there was a previous thread on this ;)

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

i do agree that having cash on u makes u look much confident ..

Let me Quote u an example ...

Near to 10 yrs ago .. my dad business just bloom.. so he decided to get himself a credit card .. before that he uses cash all the time.. just imagine.. taking out a stack for $50 dollars from the pocket as its too thick to put in the wallet.. :ooh:

then after he got his new credit card.. we went to buy furniture for our new home ..

we bought so much things until it nearly reach the card limit.. wat happen is that .. the shop sales person made us waited for 1 hr ..

We have no choice but to wait as they dun believe that my dad can pay for all those .. they suspect that he could be using a fake card .. so they detain my dad's credit card and his Ic.. while they call the card center.. and the card center call the police to make sure the card wasn't stolen or fake .. :angry:

In the fit of anger, my dad took out a stack of notes.. $500 in total .. throw on the table .. tell them to take it as deposit .. take down all the details on the ic then return the ic.. Instantly .. their expression change .. Sir here and Sir there .. before we leave .. my dad told them .. " when u decide to do my business give me a call .. not only those that dress in shirt and tie can aford all those things we have bought"

Hahaha... pay cash and girls will fall for you? :P

Apparently, after all, different folks, different strokes... so human beings are born to tink differently... I can't agree that using cash will make gals fall for me... Also, never had I flashed a credit card tinking/hoping a gal would be impressed, in fact I usually am pretty discreet when using my credit card, not like some people who take out their cards and wave it around while waiting to make payment... Anyway, I tink wat comes out from within a person would be the biggest attraction when it comes to gals, but hey! how come from credit cards becomes attracting gals?

Also, how come by paying cash shows that a person is successful anf confident? Sorry, but I cant relate that, I tink in everyday life, most of the purchases are made in cash, so does that make the aunties in the markets successful and confident?

Anyway, like I say, I understand different people have their own school of thoughts and although I cant agree with the way you tink, I respect your willingness to share your opinion and your right to having your beliefs...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

The best point is how many people clear their bill in full amount every months? :P

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

Its getting off topic here but its a pretty interesting discussion.

Cash is considered crass (?). We do fund transfers, charge our purchases, NETs it if you dont have credit. The actual financial exchange is so much sleeker and elegant when you dont have to dig out a wallet and fish around for change. That said, it doesnt really affect your worth- a joker with $10,000 in his pocket is well worth a Gold Card holder up to his armpits in debt. But somehow, the Gold Carder has more class, even though dealing in cash is a more logical and money smart option.

• SRC Member

i think having a card is useful for travelling la. Also when you dine in restaurant with relative/friends/associates, use card to settle bill is faster; no need to peel, count the notes.

had a buddy who try to use his M1 Visa to pay for stuff and also sign for our stuff and we pay him cash. Well, he do clear his bill timely but was thinking by doing that he can accomodate points to reduce his M1 bills izzit? Never dare to ask him why.

• SRC Member
Hahaha... pay cash and girls will fall for you? :P

Apparently, after all, different folks, different strokes... so human beings are born to tink differently... I can't agree that using cash will make gals fall for me... Also, never had I flashed a credit card tinking/hoping a gal would be impressed, in fact I usually am pretty discreet when using my credit card, not like some people who take out their cards and wave it around while waiting to make payment... Anyway, I tink wat comes out from within a person would be the biggest attraction when it comes to gals, but hey! how come from credit cards becomes attracting gals?

Also, how come by paying cash shows that a person is successful anf confident? Sorry, but I cant relate that, I tink in everyday life, most of the purchases are made in cash, so does that make the aunties in the markets successful and confident?

Anyway, like I say, I understand different people have their own school of thoughts and although I cant agree with the way you tink, I respect your willingness to share your opinion and your right to having your beliefs...

if the gal ever fall for you because of the few plastic cards in your wallet, then you are in trouble. :lol:

Nowadays.., when q-ing at supermarket, some ladies..., when they open the long sleek LV wallet..., Wah.., gold cards everwhere mann.

dun know if its the husband rich, she rich, or the cards left little credit one :D

Nowadays.., when q-ing at supermarket, some ladies..., when they open the long sleek LV wallet..., Wah.., gold cards everwhere mann.

dun know if its the husband rich, she rich, or the cards left little credit one :D

Yup, I encounter that pretty often and I really wonder if they're trying to show-off? :blink:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Does one not afraid that having too much credit in one's card will cause too much worries? Maybe I am because I always worry that someone may have cloned my card or lost my card and end up loosing money although investigation will always be carried out by the bank for unauthorised use. I always tell bank to give only $3000 and if the need to increase credit arises, just give them a call.

Anyway, had the DBS Platinum card and the bank gave me a bad experience on one of their services and they end up loosing a customer. :P