New additions

Multiple images 3 of 3.

The yellow diabolus was the first all yellow specimen I had ever seen. Really beautiful under good lighting. Unfortunately it had a sort of necrotising disease which ate away the lower jaw bone. I have seen this disease in diabolus very often, and it always starts at the tip of the lower lip, appearing as a whitish area, then gradually enlarging and eating away the skin, muscles and bone until a hole is formed.

The Inimicus specimens were 2 of the 4 I bought over 3 weeks. None survived beyond a week. Don't know why. The smaller specimen I bought about 4 mnths ago is happy and growing in my tank. Just don't know why these bigger specimens can't survive.

post-8-1119277632.jpg

Oh, I had a couple of deaths as well from the specimens which pictures were featured in my first thread.

The pegasus volitans (rare species, even rarer than the 'goose scorpion') died while I was away on holiday. Both expected and unexpected. Expected cos it needs to feed continuously. Unexpected cos I had started to acclimatise it to feeding once in 2 days, trained it to accept frozen mysis, and had arranged someone to feed all my tanks once in 3 days. But I suppose it still suffered a lack of nutrition.

The Eschemeyer's scorpionfish died from a foolish mistake of mine. I fed it with clownfish instead of the usual damselfish, and it died the next day after eating 2 clownfish. Good habits and food should not be forsaken for something new. Painful and costly mistake.

The oriental flying gurnard died when it didn't eat at all. It was not in the best of health when I bought it, so it was not unexpected. The new specimen in posting 1 is a cute little fellow just an inch long. You will love it if you see it feeding eagerly on frozen mysis.

bro, care to share ur experience regarding batfish?

Its a beautiful fish, but seldom survives in tanks.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Hi bro acidjazz,

This specimen was given to me by a colleague of mine about 3 weeks ago. In that time, it had doubled to twice its original size. I had kept juvenile batfish before, but none ever survived beyond a month. I still don't know whether this new batfish will be a success, or what special requirements it has. But if you are interested, I will keep you posted.

Right now the fellow is feeding on frozen mysis.

• SRC Member

The yellow diabolus is gorgeous bro! From aquamarine? I'm currently keeping a red one in my office, just fed it two clownfishies yesterday. What disease you were saying? Common in diabolus? Can anything be done about it? Hows the yellow frogfish of yours doing?

$25. But alas it did not survive. I spoke to a fish pathologist today and she postulated it may be caused by filamentous bacteria. Apparently this type of bacteria likes to reside in the mouths of fishes. If so, they may be amenable to antibiotic treatment. However, all this is postulation, unless a bacteria culture and histopathology are done to confirm. The problem is that in all the diabolus which I've seen afflicted with this disease, they stop feeding. And once that happens, it is difficult to get them well.

The yellow diabolus is gorgeous bro! From aquamarine? I'm currently keeping a red one in my office, just fed it two clownfishies yesterday.

feed with clownfish!!!! clownfish so cute!!! :(:(:cry::cry: one of my favourite fish......

feed with clownfish!!!! clownfish so cute!!! :(:(:cry::cry: one of my favourite fish......

Haha..that's the way of life..just like how people feed sea stars to harlequin shrimp.. bugs to lizards... mice to arowana..cats to snakes.. but oh well..most of the time people who feed warm blooded prey to other animals get flamed the most. Just because of human nature to treat warm blooded animals with higher regard. Be thankful he's not feeding a newborn hamster to the fish. With this comparison things don't seem that bad do they? Well at least this seems to go with the majority. :angel:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/