Fish only 1.5ft tank

• SRC Member

Tanzy's right, 1 or up to 4 fans will evaporate ur tank(not to mention salt creep)- how much?

roughly with a fan on 24/7 u should see a drop of water level about 1cm. what this measures too?- most probably salinity from an original 1.022 to 1.026 after evaporation within a day. (although it will be gradual & most fishes can tolerate it- but when u top up- it will shoot back down immediately & that shortens the fishes lifespan)

This was noted in my 2fts. Another thing to watch is PH, in smaller aquaria PH levels drop rather fast because u tend to overstock- * just use a buffer to keep it up.

If u go with using a hang on- just becareful with the splashes & bubbles produced by hang-ons . salt water is nearly 50 times more conductive to electricity than freshwater. Remember that your lights will be there.

It can be done- just that u need to know of the problems to overcome or prevent them.

Small tanks Fish only are indeed simple- just don't overstock. If u say 4 fish, keep it at 4 fish- don't give in to the just one more syndrome(& crabs/shrimps also count as fish Headcount)

• SRC Member

Okie , i got this italymade hangon filter. It is real quiet. No splashes whatever.

One question is, it has a air valve switch. When i switch it on, i hear and see splashes in the bio place of the filter. Should i leave it on? It's kinda noisy too. As long there is surface agitation, there shld be no need for extra air rite?

• SRC Member

If you are really hardcore or bored try Evaporation Calculator. B)

Then you will know the change in salinity.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif