• iPod U2 Special Edition
    • Creative Zen Micro
    • Creative Zen Touch
    • Creative MuVo
    • Creative Zen Neeon
    • Creative Zen Nano Plus

• SRC Member

Which MP3 Player do you own?

Sorry people, this poll only for iPod and Creative users..

Do add in your post if any of your iPod or Creative player is not on the list..

Hahaa, I know that iPod vs. Creative has always been a touchy subject so.. Pls re-frame from flaming each other! :peace::lol:

me juz bought a 1Gb ipod shuffle...design wise, i feel it has the slimmest & having the most eye soothing design of mp3players out there. points to note about ipod shuffle if ur deciding on one:

* in the 1st place i thought the eq settings would apply to the songs u downloaded to ipod shuffle(ips) juz like full sized ipods... i was wrong! no matter how i tried to preset or tune the eq, songs still sounds the same to me. then i read up due to the differences in the chip between ips & ipod, the eq settings in itunes will not be applied in ips.

* i cant say ips sounds aweful, but it's more towards a balanced sound(flat) with pretty clear highs & lean lows... well i'm a iriver user for 2yrs liao on the xtreme bass eq, so i had a hard time adjusting my listening preferences! i keep paying alot of attention to the lack of fullfilling bass of songs instead of enjoying them like be4! zZ

* one solution to the lack of full bass is to turn up the volume(it can go pretty loud too!). normally i dun listen to such a high level as on my previous iriver because it's eq settings already made every song its full bodied pressence heard on a low volume liao.

* lack of display doesnt pose of a problem to me as i listen more than fiddle with controls. i simply skip the songs till i like wad i hear. but on the other note, if u had added new songs to it, u can oni pray the shuffle mode get to pick them soon hahaa... for 1Gb ips, there's 16hrs of song playback or about 240 songs... get wad i mean? =P

* batt life pretty gd, 12hrs is more then enough for a day of hard listening. i charged mine once every 2days. and for the builtin batt issue, should the ips batt worn out liao, there should be better players out in the market by then. u can then use ips as a thumb drive... simple!

* slim design wins all hands down. and because it's so slim, i can listen to it secretly slung on my neck during work(i wear a one piece overall)

and verdict? i personally go for iriver lor. for the sake of playbacktime & fantastic eq sound. 4got whether iriver has a 24hr or 40hr playback time on a batt liao, but imo dats having the longest battery life on the market using an alkaline batt! and it's the bulkest player too as it's made for the AA sized battery.

oo and last note... imho i feel getting hd ipods like kinda out of the point.. why? koz u can cram so many Gb of songs in ipod, BUT u can never get to listen to every single one on its single charge of battery. for example, mine is 1Gb, can already play 16hrs nonstop of music... BUT the batt can at most offers 12hrs of playback time nia... and then the ipods & ipod mini offered a even bigger storage and not even 10hrs of playbacktime nia... see the picture :fear: ...

• SRC Member

Hey bro, think you forgot to vote for iPod Shuffle.

Well, this thread was meant to see which brand is most popular, not better.

Therefore I shall not argue my views on why iPod still rulez.. lol.. :lol:

Ps. - The iPod mini's battery life is 18hrs.

Anyway, Hey people, keeping voting!!

Hahaha, pls also note that the title of the poll is "Which MP3 Player do you own?", not "Which MP3 Player do you LIKE?"... haha.. so even if you don't like that player you own, you gotta to still vote for the player you own......

ahhh... pai say.... :paiseh: but then i did remembered reading up somewhere dat the hdd ones offered less than 10hrs of playback... or did i mismatch the infomation haahaa... anyway if oni ips can apply the eq setting from itunes, i'll love it man... but sigh for now gotta crank up the volume more... :whistle

juz posting my comments for ppl interested in buying ips, kuz i was disappointed eq din apply to ips lor... haiz....

• SRC Member

ipod photo is great. Can listen to music, bring fish photo around to show people. Can use to back-up photo from DC. Got lots of accessories and best of all, ipod looks best.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
thot creative zen mirco wld be e best choice since it has a FM radio with it! thinking of getting 1

Just to inform you, that the creative's FM radio is really crappy. The reception is not that good, alittle for blockage will distort the sound alr.. And the quality is not good.

• SRC Member

Ok, there are a few differences in the First-generation and Second-generation iPod Mini.

iPod mini (First Generation)

- Battery Life only 8hrs

- Colors are lighter and not as vivid as second-generation

- Got one more color than second-generation (Gold color)

- Package comes with a AC charger

- Cost alittle cheaper than second-generation (i think by a few dollars only..)

- The words and markings on the click wheel are grey.

iPod mini (Second Generation)

- Battery Life is the longest of all iPods - 18hrs.

- Color are more vivid and nicer than first-generation.

- Only four colors (Green, Blue, Pink, Silver).

- Chargers through USB Port.

- Cost alittle more than first-generation.

- The words and markings on the click wheel are the same color as the iPod mini. (e.g - Green iPod, green wordings and markings.)

- Packages includes a Belt Clip.

Yea, those are the differences in the generations..

Hear there is a third-generation coming out, difference is that the third generation got color screen. But i think that will take quite a while before it reaches singapore.