Mh And Actinic In Box

CalciumReef

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
SPS requires stong lighting.....So you have to use 2 x 250w at least...400w wil be the best!

In term of setup for 4 feets tank, do you have any design and recommendation? How much do you charge? Assuming I just want the minimum for SPS.

Saw the MH box that you build for the 3 ft tank and I like it a lot. Is it suitable for a 4 ft tank too? Will it blow up my electric bill?

Thanks for your patient. Still too new to the hobby.

• SRC Member

In term of setup for 4 feets tank, do you have any design and recommendation? How much do you charge? Assuming I just want the minimum for SPS.

Saw the MH box that you build for the 3 ft tank and I like it a lot. Is it suitable for a 4 ft tank too? Will it blow up my electric bill?

Thanks for your patient. Still too new to the hobby.

quote me the answer and price too

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hello everyone, i have compiled the photos of what i have done ever since this thread was started....this link below is hosting the pics now. Enjoy the slide show.I will be DIYing more stuff when i have the time as im relatively busy.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/calcium_n...eations&.src=ph

*Best viewed with Broadband connections

• SRC Member

What i have compiled are the Mh fixtures i had made for fellow reefers and even myself.They are definetly not as cheap as those fixtures sold at viclite as they are custom made to fit specific dimensions of tank. This is no commercial post, just offering fellow members Mh light fixtures at reasonable prices who are looking for solutions.

See your slide, your umfinish product more than complete one, can you post more on those complete one which you had make for reefer?

there are no UV glass protection for your completed product, is that ok?

I am thinking to get one, but I dun have euro bracing for the light to sit on, nor hanger, so if I need to buy from you, can you tailor make the stand to clip on the side of tank glass. wat is the price? need 250W and 2 PL-L.(must have glass to cover the light!) my tank size is 2 x 2 x 2ft :eyebrow:

Thanks

• SRC Member

Some information for reference in case you do not have knowledge on it.

- Single ended bulbs do not require UV glass because the bulbs are a UV sheild already

- Double ended bulbs need Uv glass to sheild as the Bulbs do NOT come with this feature.

*My DE fixtures are UV sheilded in you observe carefully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...