Mit. Lancer vs Nissan Sunny

Nickel

• SRC Member

Hi, like to hear feedbacks from users between the two 1.6L cars above.

Only interested in performance as in fuel consumptions, power/torque etc. of the two current models selling in C&C and Tan Chong. Both most basic model comparison only (Lancer GLX and Sunny EX models).

Thinking of getting a 'slightly used' one of either make.

Thanks.

• SRC Member
Hi, like to hear feedbacks from users between the two 1.6L cars above.

Only interested in performance as in fuel consumptions, power/torque etc. of the two current models selling in C&C and Tan Chong. Both most basic model comparison only (Lancer GLX and Sunny EX models).

Thinking of getting a 'slightly used' one of either make.

Thanks.

Here's my experience with the both of them:

Lancer 1.6 GLX Auto:

Very good handling.

Not bad acceleration.

Reached 160 on NSH before.

But noisy engine after a couple of years.

Sunny 1.6 CVT Auto (Me lazy man.... :P)

Slugglish response.

FC is VERY high.

More comfy in the interior than lancer.

Took ages to reach 120km/h without ramming.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

A point to note is that Lancer 1.6 GLXi only comes in SOHC whereas Sunny 1.6 SS is Twin cam. Used to drive Lancer & find that the engine is kind of rough compared to a Sunny.

• SRC Member

suggest you try driving both to feel the performance cos im pretty sure the lancer is weaker than sunny...

lancer pros:

better looking, esp with body kits

better fc

more road feel

lancer cons:

loud engine

weaker performance

rough and hard ride

expensive servicing at c&c

sunny pros:

comfortable ride

lower price

good and cheap after sales warranty and service package

more power and performance

sunny cons:

higher fc but not as bad as the pre fl n16

not as swee as lancer

pros and cons are based on comparison between lancer cvt/manual and sunny auto/manual.

• SRC Member

See the differences...

Mitsubishi Lancer

Type : SOHC

Cylinder : in-line 4-cylinder, 16-valve

Displacement : 1584 cc

Max Output : 79(106)/6,000kW(PS)/rpm

Max Torque : 142(14.5)/2,750N-m(kg.m)/rpm

Nissan Sunny

Engine type : QG16DE, DOHC 16-valve with CVTC, ETC, 4 cylinder, in-line

Displacement (cc) : 1597

Max. Power : (@ 6000 rpm) 81kW(110 ps)

Max. Torque : (@ 4000 rpm) 148Nm(15.1 kg-m)

Lancer will have a better pick up because Max. Torque comes in earlier at 2750rpm compared to Sunny's at 4000rpm.

High end wise...Sunny's bhp is slightly better by 4 horses...

Fuel comsumption wise...Lancer will win hands down lah....but will also depend on how heavy ur right foot is.

hope this helps.

;)

• SRC Member
See the differences...

Mitsubishi Lancer

Type : SOHC

Cylinder : in-line 4-cylinder, 16-valve

Displacement : 1584 cc

Max Output : 79(106)/6,000kW(PS)/rpm

Max Torque : 142(14.5)/2,750N-m(kg.m)/rpm

Nissan Sunny

Engine type : QG16DE, DOHC 16-valve with CVTC, ETC, 4 cylinder, in-line

Displacement (cc) : 1597

Max. Power : (@ 6000 rpm) 81kW(110 ps)

Max. Torque : (@ 4000 rpm) 148Nm(15.1 kg-m)

Lancer will have a better pick up because Max. Torque comes in earlier at 2750rpm compared to Sunny's at 4000rpm.

High end wise...Sunny's bhp is slightly better by 4 horses...

Fuel comsumption wise...Lancer will win hands down lah....but will also depend on how heavy ur right foot is.

hope this helps.

;)

bro, u tried both before? i race u... u take lancer, i take sunny. confirm u sure smell my smoke :P

go test drive and u will know what is on paper is different from actual. i juz helped test drive a few cars for my cousin. lancer is the most cmi of the 55-65k range cars of jap cars.

• SRC Member

Thanks for all feedback. Really helpful from all you experienced owners.

Pls don't race each other. Not worth the risk. I very old man with poor eyesights too. Just need a economy car to drive family around as well as for work. :lol: I get summoned for driving too slow in inner-most lane :paiseh: . Pls don't horn me if you see a slow Lance or Sunny hor, pls !!

Why is life so never perfect? I like the Lancer pickup and fuel consumption economy but the Sunny's spaciousness. Price wise quite close these 2 models. Too bad I don't have extra money to go for 1 with style, fuel economy, sporty looks, speed.....etc :( .

Considered the Jazz before, really nice with sport accessories. But my family all can't fit into the car and I need a boot to put things too. Really love Honda cars and Toyota ( Toyota Celica, those 2-door MatchBox car :fear: ) during my hay-days way back.

Now headache thinking/comparing too much. Maybe try to win the Striats Times contest for a car now on-going this week.

Cheers to all and be safe on the road !! DON'T SPEED AND RACE.

• SRC Member

how lian again...urs considered performance car meh?

NA-VTEC rules? MY FOOT....

:lol:

since when i concerned about performance man . i just want the ah lians .

Im just a poor 21 yr old NS boy . My Insurance 1 yr can down payment Brand new car already . where have the $$ to drive performance car.

• SRC Member
Thanks for all feedback. Really helpful from all you experienced owners.

Pls don't race each other. Not worth the risk. I very old man with poor eyesights too. Just need a economy car to drive family around as well as for work. :lol: I get summoned for driving too slow in inner-most lane :paiseh: . Pls don't horn me if you see a slow Lance or Sunny hor, pls !!

Why is life so never perfect? I like the Lancer pickup and fuel consumption economy but the Sunny's spaciousness. Price wise quite close these 2 models. Too bad I don't have extra money to go for 1 with style, fuel economy, sporty looks, speed.....etc :( .

Considered the Jazz before, really nice with sport accessories. But my family all can't fit into the car and I need a boot to put things too. Really love Honda cars and Toyota ( Toyota Celica, those 2-door MatchBox car :fear: ) during my hay-days way back.

Now headache thinking/comparing too much. Maybe try to win the Striats Times contest for a car now on-going this week.

Cheers to all and be safe on the road !! DON'T SPEED AND RACE.

bro, im like u but not as old :P but after taking into considerations all the aspects like fc, space, comfort, affordability, performance, blah blah blah i ended up with latio. hahaha compromised on the looks a bit (but i dun really care for looks). pickup can fight altis, beat sunny, ciak lancer kekeke

bros who drive sunny, im pretty sure u can beat lancer. juz becos lancer peak torque at 2750rpm does not mean u cannot ciak them. u juz need to hit 4000rpm quickly can already. but the first few metres u will be lag... so dun worie, juz go for it. u will overtake before the next traffic light. go try kekeke but drive safely

bro untouchable seems like you have been running ard on the rd, chiet this car chiet that car. Maybe the other car can't be bothered to run with you that's why get chiet right? lol.

Drive safely lar don't encourage these types of activities for you won't know maybe some kids just pass their driving test then decided to take their parent's car go chiet pple then how? I read the chiet here chiet there I also high ah, not to mention those just passed one blood hot hot like to cheong one.

Want to try chiet then bring to track lah.