Renovation Advise

RAV-65

Vincent,

As much as you didn't wan to consider Park Mall, i find IMM there also the chopper very sharp one.

But if you ever drop by IMM to see look, then you ought to check out a shop that do buit in marine tank for consumer, bet you will be very shock when they tell you how simple it is to maintain the tank.

somemore the staff told me his boss is a experienced dedicated reef keeper.

:D:D Dedicated Reefer Siah... tink only Reefaholic can say that... :P Btw, which floor is that shop located?

Anyway, might still pop by Park Mall to take a look, but where else can I go besides Park Mall and IMM & Millenia Walk??

Seems like I gotta really make lots of storage space!

As for the butt-washing thingy... will look into it... :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

have u thot out what sort of furniture u wanna get??

u can try looking at Furniture mall in Beach Road. Behind the hotel

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

:D:D Dedicated Reefer Siah... tink only Reefaholic can say that... :P Btw, which floor is that shop located?

Anyway, might still pop by Park Mall to take a look, but where else can I go besides Park Mall and IMM & Millenia Walk??

Seems like I gotta really make lots of storage space!

As for the butt-washing thingy... will look into it... :D

3rd floor near the food court

• SRC Member

Yap. Agree with Kelstorm. U should think of wat u want. All IDs will ask u;

- Wat type of sofa

- Wat type of TV

- How big is dining table

- How often u cook

- Wat type of bed

- Wat type of wardrobe

Beside visiting on site, if u visit www.renotalk.com, they have a link of all the various merchants. U can den browse the type of funiture they have online.

JC

• SRC Member
Yap. Agree with Kelstorm. U should think of wat u want. All IDs will ask u;

- Wat type of sofa

- Wat type of TV

- How big is dining table

- How often u cook

- Wat type of bed

- Wat type of wardrobe

Beside visiting on site, if u visit www.renotalk.com, they have a link of all the various merchants. U can den browse the type of funiture they have online.

JC

take a lazy Sunday afternoon hang around bigger bookstores and browse thru the mag for some insipration lor.

• SRC Member

Hi Bro, u know of any gd contractor that do good jobs with decent pricing?

TIP, Image Creative (Superbrand), Joop seems to be on the high side since they are an IDs.

JC

Yes my friend - you want a balance of both? workmanship & design?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

hi bro Rav,exciting moments renovating house and furniture shopping. :blink:

4 furnitures u can look at sat newspapers coz a lot of furniture makers prefer to advertise on sat.don't know why but can get really good bargain.also u can go j.b to buy furnitures coz some of them provide delivery to s'pore.

i bought my sofa and bedroom set from J.B and saved $2K in the process. :heh::heh:

also 4 reno maybe can try going to a interior designer.not really expensive as made out 2 be.i have a fren juz moved to Buangkok and engaged an int. designer 2 do the reno.i was suprised at wat $30K got him.really value 4 money if u ask me.

some more he say kena chop coz his fren same budget got more things done.

Juz my 2 cents. :peace::D

• SRC Member

Wah biangz... where are these places located? :P

u can try locating these shops at Paragon..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
But if you ever drop by IMM to see look, then you ought to check out a shop that do buit in marine tank for consumer, bet you will be very shock when they tell you how simple it is to maintain the tank.

somemore the staff told me his boss is a experienced dedicated reef keeper.

Please don't waste your time or money. This shop is called Atlantis and I have had the misfortune of buying a tank from them when I knew nothing about reefing. :(

The salesperson is all hot air and bullsh*t about his "years of reefkeeping" and "special bacteria". All you get is an super-expensive cabinet with a simple tank, internal overflow, filter wool, coral chip chamber and lousy pump. Do not be taken in by his sales jargon. I already scrapped the tank I got from him. My friend didn't, six months down the road *all* his fish are dead and even after 90% water change the new fish don't survive more than a month. :angry:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

I did mine kitchen cabinet and bedroom wardrobe with Classic, Good quality IMO. They are located @ Tanjong Katong complex. You must pre book appointment before going down.

For other furniture you may also want to try OM. Got package deals, designer furniture @ competitive pricing. :D

Please don't waste your time or money. This shop is called Atlantis and I have had the misfortune of buying a tank from them when I knew nothing about reefing. :(

The salesperson is all hot air and bullsh*t about his "years of reefkeeping" and "special bacteria". All you get is an super-expensive cabinet with a simple tank, internal overflow, filter wool, coral chip chamber and lousy pump. Do not be taken in by his sales jargon. I already scrapped the tank I got from him. My friend didn't, six months down the road *all* his fish are dead and even after 90% water change the new fish don't survive more than a month. :angry:

Yup. I still remember your incident bro!

Anyway, glad that you have became a much better reefer after joining SRC. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Yup. I still remember your incident bro!

Anyway, glad that you have became a much better reefer after joining SRC. ;)

better reefer? no lah :lol: just more careful and aware of what not to do... two words I've taken to heart - RESPONSIBLE REEFKEEPING. That's everyone's duty in this hobby. :peace:

post-11-1120620217.jpg

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
Seems like alot of legwork to do... :(

tell me abt it.. i have been running to lots of places and i wun be renovating the place till perhaps end of this yr...

do run abt to look and compare the furniture design, prices etc...

if u are keen in teak wood furniture and at reasonable rates, let me know. :P

i got my table + 6 chairs, at almost $1k lower than wat was quoted to me in IMM.

• SRC Member
All my weekend time have been used up to plan my home reno. :lol

yah really no life when doing house reno... looking at tiles, toilet fixtures, lights, paint, etc. etc. was exhausted by the end, no energy for choosing furniture so just lie on the floor :lol:

• SRC Member

yah really no life when doing house reno... looking at tiles, toilet fixtures, lights, paint, etc. etc. was exhausted by the end, no energy for choosing furniture so just lie on the floor :lol:

for a moment, i tot no money to buy furniture.. hahaha...