Renovation Advise

RAV-65

• SRC Member

Wow! Didn't know so many bros about to renovate! :D

Done my tour of duty already...no joke man! Everyday tired! Before renos had to look for renovator and listen to them sell. During renos have to drop by every now and then to monitor the progress and make sure they don't f-up. Now after renos gotta go back on weekends to clean house, work on the tank, buy furniture...etc. Wah piang eh! Shagged man! :shock:

Anyway, happy renos guys! Like they say...that's the fun part! :lol::lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Now after renos gotta go back on weekends to clean house, work on the tank, buy furniture...etc. Wah piang eh! Shagged man! :shock:

and i was thinking of buying furniture before the renov starts.. hahaha..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Actually, I more or less know what I want thus need a gd contractor that can help to do u the reno at a reasonable price with gd workmanship.

Anyone to recommend?

JC

If you already know what you want - go for D'esprit, Renozone for best workmanship, Charlton which is at Hong Leong Gardens (where Henry is) have very good workmanship too, but they are tied up currently on somethings which most likely can't follow through with you. Let me know...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Wah biangz... where are these places located? :P

MELANDAS at Beach road Plaza Hotel got 1 I think, 3rd floor............bought my queen size leather platform bed and get 50% discount on the sofa set from there 2 years back.

LOZENZOS at Macpherson got one branch, have a hard time searching for a suitable dining table to match my marble floor, at last found this Marble top dining table set there. The min my wife and me saw the table, no need to browse around liao.......that's the one.

Eric

• SRC Member

If you already know what you want - go for D'esprit, Renozone for best workmanship, Charlton which is at Hong Leong Gardens (where Henry is) have very good workmanship too, but they are tied up currently on somethings which most likely can't follow through with you. Let me know...

Thanks Bro. Actually approached D'esprit but suppose to quote me 2 weeks ago but till now nvr hear from the ID.....

As for renozone, may I ask if can pass me their contact?

Thanks

JC

• SRC Member

D'esprit is bz, anyway if you want me to tickle the boss let me know, meeting him up in the next few days. As for renozone, perhaps pass you the contact tomorrow in my office. Cheers.

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Wah Biangz... with so many shop names mentioned... I really lost liao... maybe we can start a list! Since so many people are renovating their houses, would be very beneficial... :P

Good Renovation Contractor :

1. D'Esprit

2. Renozone

3. Classic > Tanjong Katong complex ( Kitchen Cabinets/Wardrobes )

Good Furniture shops :

1. Lorenzos > MacPherson Road

2. Melandas > Beach Road - Plaza Hotel

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Casa Italy: I think they have a branch at Jackson coffeeshop, macpherson.

Novena furniture: last time they have the whole building at jalan kilang something..., (bukit Merah area). Panasonic service centre also there.

Any bros to confirm?

• SRC Member

1. D'Esprit

2. Renozone

4. Intradesign

5. Space Vision Design

6. A&D Interrior

7. Square Room

8. MoMo ID (for design)

Good Furniture shops :

3. OM Funiture . Joo Seng Road

4. Luxur Home > Bedok North Ave 4

Casa Italy: I think they have a branch at Jackson coffeeshop, macpherson.

Novena furniture: last time they have the whole building at jalan kilang something..., (bukit Merah area). Panasonic service centre also there.

Any bros to confirm?

Casa Italy is furniture ah?! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

If you like italian furniture and stuffs, i have a friend who previously import and deal in such furniture and since she is no longer doing it she may have some in her warehouse...let me know if you might be interested. Her firm is quite a reputable one.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

1. D'Esprit

2. Renozone

4. Intradesign

5. Space Vision Design

6. A&D Interrior

7. Square Room

8. MoMo ID (for design)

Good Furniture shops :

3. OM Funiture . Joo Seng Road

4. Luxur Home > Bedok North Ave 4

Is there such a Contractor firm MoMo ID? Not listed in the HDB licensed contractor leh...

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

They are not a contractor. Just a design firm that do teh interior designing and coordination works. Renovations are subbed out. The lady boss is on last the Sunday Time's reno section. I may have got their company name wrong but definitely MOMO something. :P

JC

They are not a contractor. Just a design firm that do teh interior designing and coordination works. Renovations are subbed out. The lady boss is on last the Sunday Time's reno section. I may have got their company name wrong but definitely MOMO something. :P

JC

Au they any good? since they appeared on the papers?! :blink:

but seems like a bad time to call them since they just got the press "exposure"? :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

if u not going for classy furniture, ie those italian made sofa, etc go novena or nova etc. dun pay too much for furniture cos when time to get rid of them, no value one. if u pay low, at least can change furniture often. that is my policy nowadays.

reno contractors also depends on your house design. if u like classy arty farty type, then have to pay liao.

i like normal plain setup and i juz design some parts myself so i got a normal hdb contractor to do for me. one thing bad about my contractor is i got to chase him to collect money :angry: krkrkr first flat, chase for 1 month then he come collect. current place, chase for 2 weeks! very unlike others. got one contractor, ask for 1k deposit juz to sign up with him! i asked him F off.

• SRC Member

Au they any good? since they appeared on the papers?! :blink:

but seems like a bad time to call them since they just got the press "exposure"? :P

Not bad. Their design for my flat is not those typical design I get from other IDs. But design is very subjective. ;)

http://www.momo.com.sg/

JC

• SRC Member

i wonder where those furniture company ran to that use to be at world trade centre exhibition hall years ago when i got a good deal for a complete bedroom set.

that was 8 donkey years ago :D , now they change so much i dun even know which is WTC liao

• SRC Member

my contractor lor....dirt cheap....super good workmanship......so far when recommend to friends all complaint that his too cheap....:D

only problem is they belong to the 'old school' of contractor......meaning thier design is a bit too old fashion......:P

anyway, PM me if interested.....

my contractor lor....dirt cheap....super good workmanship......so far when recommend to friends all complaint that his too cheap....:D

only problem is they belong to the 'old school' of contractor......meaning thier design is a bit too old fashion......:P

anyway, PM me if interested.....

Bro, really very cheap ah? but old fashioned designs jialat leh... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg