NKF's administration brought to public scrutiny

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

those ppl should re-open the case.. sue the pants of the CEO

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing i want to salute s'porean is that, no matter how many shows they have, they sure can hit target one....why huh? Are s'porean so kind or....stupid????

let see how's the coming 3rd nkf show perform...& not to mention president charity show also coming.... :sick::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
one thing i want to salute s'porean is that, no matter how many shows they have, they sure can hit target one....why huh? Are s'porean so kind or....stupid????

let see how's the coming 3rd nkf show perform...& not to mention president charity show also coming.... :sick::lol::lol:

i think it's kinda stupid ... that include me .... :lol: (greed, is the truth)

• SRC Member
NKF withdraws defamation suit against SPH

Email this article

Print article 

Feedback

SINGAPORE - The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) withdrew its defamation suit against Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) on Tuesday, one day after the case opened.

The lawsuit is over an article in The Straits Times on April 19, 2004, which talked about pricey bathroom fittings in Mr Durai's office suite, including a glass-panel shower, an expensive German toilet bowl and a gold-plated tap.

NKF and Mr Durai sued SPH and senior writer Susan Long on April 23, 2004, saying the article was defamatory and had caused 'grave injury and damage'. They said the article could be understood to mean that NKF and Mr Durai had misused funds collected from NKF donors.

The NKF, which is entirely dependent on public funds, offers dialysis treatment to kidney patients. Two out of every three Singaporeans contribute to it.

NKF back out... <_<<_<<_<

NKF back out... <_<<_<<_<

I thought Durai and NKF was worried that the article by Susan Long would be defamatory and had caused 'grave injury and damage'?? How come suddenly all is well again?! Now they tink the article is correct?! So Susan Long was right?!

WTF! :angry::angry::angry:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

I thought Durai and NKF was worried that the article by Susan Long would be defamatory and had caused 'grave injury and damage'?? How come suddenly all is well again?! Now they tink the article is correct?! So Susan Long was right?!

WTF! :angry::angry::angry:

bro, he thought he could win the suite again.... :angry: but anway, what to do now?? follow the news closely...u mentioned abt the 30% to mediaC*** which i think not true, those show that feature on TV still need to pay...but think at a special rate... :angry:

!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()_+| :angry: (cant help myself from scolding!)

bro, he thought he could win the suite again.... :angry: but anway, what to do now?? follow the news closely...u mentioned abt the 30% to mediaC*** which i think not true, those show that feature on TV still need to pay...but think at a special rate... :angry:

!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()_+| :angry: (cant help myself from scolding!)

Maybe after winning the lawsuits against the small frys, his confidence strong, didn't expect the 1st day of trial nia, kanna whack left right centre, and den have to let everyone know how BIG his paycheck is... maybe there's more we still dunno, Vertu handphones?! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

cos they know that if they continue the case... the rest of the members of the board might be call to stand... and revealed more of their pay... the price is too high for them to handle.... anyway, damaged is done.... a lot of ppl have call up to cancel their donation.... i think they have just backfire themselves... always think they could sue whoever they one...serve them right.... i think this time... the 2 guys they sue.. should demand apology from NKF... since the CEO has took 1st class flight b4 which he has denied all this while.... and hooray.. for Susan Long.. should be the Woman of the month... :lol::lol:

cos they know that if they continue the case... the rest of the members of the board might be call to stand... and revealed more of their pay... the price is too high for them to handle.... anyway, damaged is done.... a lot of ppl have call up to cancel their donation.... i think they have just backfire themselves... always think they could sue whoever they one...serve them right.... i think this time... the 2 guys they sue.. should demand apology from NKF... since the CEO has took 1st class flight b4 which he has denied all this while.... and hooray.. for Susan Long.. should be the Woman of the month... :lol::lol:

Yeah!!! Susan Long for Woman of the YEAR!!! Did justice to the people who donated out there... and the poor chaps who were forced to pay damages should counter-sue!!!

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Worst of all, they all along organise only Kidney charities shows, Now also go into Cancer. Then they now eats into Singapore Cancer Society market. What will people think? If you donated money where they promote cancer awareness for NKF, will you still donate for SCS for the same cause? No one would. In the end, other charities organisation which is more sincere and genuine suffer.

What next? AIDS? or HEARTS Disease they also want a share?

• SRC Member

You are right, today many have asked how to cancel their GIRO contribution to NKF.

Wow, Local NEWS of the year.

• SRC Member

Actually got a few questions....Make me curious wat I can see for the next few days.

1. If NKF and mr durai backed out of the law suit now, who's paying for the legal fees? durai or NKF(using the $ that people donated to NKF)????? :sick:

2. Will the court ask the rest of the board of directors to the stand oso? Since they are the ones who started the episode? Can they jus back out of it like that after creating such a big ho-ha? :angry::angry:

3. Since mr durai has admitted travelling 1st class, the 2 poor guys who were sued by him should come forward and sue him back and get back wat was lost. :(

4. Will the plumber be asked to the stand? As he was the one who made a big ho-ha tat mr durai was using a gold plated tap? :angry::angry:

5. Does NKF needs a CEO and run a "non-profit" organisation like a business company? Can the govt audit them like any ministry dept? Y cant the govt take over the organisation. People says that civil service staffs are inefficient and wastes govt or peoples' money, however i think that they can do a equally good job. I bet tat they wont be getting such a big paycheck, definately no CEOs, definately no $900 taps and definately if there is a Head of NKF(govt appointed), there wont be a personal toilet in his office.

I wonder.......I am really mad... though the contributions I had made monthly was neligible, it really sucks to know that the ceo's paycheck is so damn rocket high.

I wonder....... how much(%) of my monthly contribution I made monthly goes to actually helping patients.

I wonder....... how much(%) of the phone calls my wife made everytime there is a show, goes to actually helping patients

I wonder....... how much(%) of the donations goes to staffs(including board of directors) and spent on prizes and paying for the shows they put up.

We, the public, who donates to NKF should have a right to know. Shouldnt we?????????? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Watch your thoughts’ they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw

• SRC Member

1. If NKF and mr durai backed out of the law suit now, who's paying for the legal fees? durai or NKF(using the $ that people donated to NKF)?????

If this is the case, under normal circumstances, NKF will offer money to SPH to allow to drop the suit, if not the already pissed off judge will make NKF to pay for all the court and legal charges for all parties. Judges need to eat as well. :D

2. Will the court ask the rest of the board of directors to the stand oso? Since they are the ones who started the episode? Can they jus back out of it like that after creating such a big ho-ha?

CEO is the biggest position of NKF. So from a legal point of view the rest of the directors are not required. But if the court needs clarification from the board's decision, directors will still be summoned.

3. Since mr durai has admitted travelling 1st class, the 2 poor guys who were sued by him should come forward and sue him back and get back wat was lost.

He did say he did not travel in 1st class before 1998, after that then got.... so unless the two persons can produce evidence that Durai did travel 1st class under the entitlement of NKF before 1998, then will they stand a chance. But noting that the 2 persons had relented in the deframatory suit, the judge will take this into consideration as well.

4. Will the plumber be asked to the stand? As he was the one who made a big ho-ha tat mr durai was using a gold plated tap?

He needs to despite his refusal if the court requires him to do so. The defense may wish to show that the story of the golden tap is true. But looks like it's not neccessary since Durai admitted to the intended installation of the golden tap.

5. Does NKF needs a CEO and run a "non-profit" organisation like a business company? Can the govt audit them like any ministry dept? Y cant the govt take over the organisation. People says that civil service staffs are inefficient and wastes govt or peoples' money, however i think that they can do a equally good job. I bet tat they wont be getting such a big paycheck, definately no CEOs, definately no $900 taps and definately if there is a Head of NKF(govt appointed), there wont be a personal toilet in his office.

Charitable organisations are allowed to spent a stated fraction of their obtained donations on administration, salary, expenses that are deemed fit to substain the function of the entity. But since the donations and reserves are so much, NKF does have a bigger "spending" power over other smaller organisation.

Government will unlikely to take over charitable organisations as this will:

1. Make people suspicious of government's usage of funds. PAP needs to remain as "clean" as possible despite Temasek holdings. :P

2. Laws are all in place to keep this organisations in check.

3. Better make the public pay for the less fortunate than out of government's budget when times are bad and donations lessen.

:evil: Hope NKF will not sue a penniless man like me for these personal views. :evil:

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

All along, patients of NKF is suffering more than benefitting. Every 6 months, patients will go for a so-called interview to review their medical fees. So far, only increament no decreament. Furthermore, waiting time for the interview is always at least a whooping 3 solid hours! :angry::angry::angry:

I've eversince asked my mum (she's the patient) not to go for such stupid interviews. But she always said, what if they always increase the amount for not turning up? So everyone turned up despite whether you are working or not. Ending up, all patients got an 'raise' with their medical fee. :angry:

Donations? I rather throw it in the drain, still can hear the 'cling' sound. :evil:

Think for yourself, I as a patient family member. I've not donated a single cent eversince. Why waste yours? NKF is not pathetic, WE ARE! :angry::angry:

damage control, NKF withdraws defamation suit against SPH. Unless we play a part by not donating, i don't think NKF will improve their "mis-management"

http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/sub/lat...,162128,00.html?

July 12, 2005, 5.52 pm (Singapore time)

NKF withdraws defamation suit against SPH

SINGAPORE - The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) withdrew its defamation suit against Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) on Tuesday, one day after the case opened.

The lawsuit is over an article in The Straits Times on April 19, 2004, which talked about pricey bathroom fittings in Mr Durai's office suite, including a glass-panel shower, an expensive German toilet bowl and a gold-plated tap.

NKF and Mr Durai sued SPH and senior writer Susan Long on April 23, 2004, saying the article was defamatory and had caused 'grave injury and damage'. They said the article could be understood to mean that NKF and Mr Durai had misused funds collected from NKF donors.

The NKF, which is entirely dependent on public funds, offers dialysis treatment to kidney patients. Two out of every three Singaporeans contribute to it.

• SRC Member

What's the difference between NKF and KDF?

They are two totally different entity.

Look at it this way, the guidelines laid down are all in % of how much should be used for whatever. No Kinships Ferderation starts eating into everyone's pie, thus they have high total value and thus again, the % for remuneration and bonuses are also alot higher compared to rest of the organisations. Which is why they refused to stop the donation drives despite having enough reserves for the next 30 yrs.

So the trick is not to support which organisation, always choose the poorest one and you can be assured most money reached the coorect person.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member
a 4 year debate with my gfren/then-later-promoted-to-wife.....

has finally come to an end when she saw the headlines this morning......

she is now finding out how to cancel her monthly giro deductions.... :nc:

just use online banking, cancel the giro transactions ;)

once nkf cannot deduct anymore money, it's auto cancelled :)

• SRC Member

Wa kao... :angry: I jus saw the 10pm news on CH8.... damn shiok man...

NKF has got 8 private cars with chaffeurs for VIP uses and durai got a merc....

Saw the reef tank in the dialysis centre, think the $ used for set up and maintenance can help lots of needy patients liao. :angry:

It oso reports tat with the $ NKF has now, it can run dialysis for patients for 30yrs...

Imagine how the overseas artistes who have come here to perform for the nkf shows would feel after reading about this....

This is really very shameful... brought bad name to Spore. :angry::(

Watch your thoughts’ they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw

• SRC Member

Just heard over the news that:

1. NKF reserves, without anymore donation, can sustain their expenses (2003) for 30 years.

2. Durai, is a director, in SEVERAL companies, without informing NKF, which he says is inconsequential.

3. NKF has 8 chauffered cars at the disposal of senior management.

WTFFFFFFFF :angry:

I think (marine) therefore I am